ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Scored a Boss GT-8 - NPD!!  (Read 12355 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Scored a Boss GT-8 - NPD!!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Panda,nice to have you back  :thumb-up:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I built my own FS6, using some web page that provided the wiring diagram. I get two buttons on that and the CTRL button for three FX per patch. How do you get four? ???

Samuraipanda

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Thanks Marshall! Good to be back.

Dante, the GT-10 has 2 Control pedals on it already so I can add control #3 and control #4 which are currently controlled by my FS-6.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Samuraipanda »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

AH!  :thumb-up:

So, you could actually get FIVE if you used your CTRL pedal too?  O0

Samuraipanda

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

You are correct sir.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Necro - bump in this old thread....

I just scored a GT-8 outta Yahoo Auctions 2 weeks ago and this thing is probably the best 40$ I spent last month (aside from a bottle of Ki No Bi Gin).

I got invited by some Japanese friends to join various sessions the last few months. I mostly use the backline or whatever gear is at the venue (I bring my own guitar and a (occasionally) a Mesa Flux Drive to get the backline amps a tad bit more to my tastes.
In Tokyo you cannot drive to the venue with your car, unload and park the car...thereĀ“s no space.
Gigbag with guitar and backpack and the Tokyo Metro takes you where you need to go....

So during the last session one of the guys had an awesome guitar sound....and I mean really awesome. And that dude was just using a Boss GT-3 into the Loop return of some backline amp. I was stunned.
Since everything worth doing is worth overdoing I found a GT-8 for the above mentioned 40$ and sat down with it (...and I RTFM!). The COSM amp sims as they're stored in there were somewhat meeeeh....but page 63 of the manual ("Customizing the COSM Preamps") revealed the whole potential.
I recorded some loops with my go-to presets from the AxeFX and also used some recorded bits of my "real" Boogie amps and sat down with the GT-8 and started editing and comparing.
The "Connoisseur" might hear a difference (and most certainly somehow feel it) but at stage volume and (Dante quote:) for the folks screaming "Freebird" this thing gets me real shocking close.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Stoopid drunk guy with his friends: FREEBIRD!!!

me: look buddy, we don't even play that song....you wanna pick one from our setlist? like, one in this set? like maybe this song right HERE?!?

===============

Nice score SC!! I never had the patience for that thing. It took me a couple months to figure out a decent gain tone and, buy then, I moved on to other things. I dreamed of just carrying one of those and a guitar. Good on you, bro.  :thumb-up:

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up