ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dean Markley Signature 120 amp  (Read 4297 times)

Chamai

Dean Markley Signature 120 amp
« on: Time Format »

Anyone have any info or experience with one of these? someone selling one locally and I am interested.

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rch/msg/5536806547.html
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Dean Markley Signature 120 amp
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I remember when they came out (many years ago), they did a combo that was quite good in it's day, and IIRC the sig series were the flagship head.  They were expensive (way out of my budget back then) and well made and sounded pretty good, certainly up there in their time.  Not sure how long they went on for (do they still make them ?), they were around for a while in Australia, but again that was years ago.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I remember when they came out (many years ago), they did a combo that was quite good in it's day, and IIRC the sig series were the flagship head.  They were expensive (way out of my budget back then) and well made and sounded pretty good, certainly up there in their time.  Not sure how long they went on for (do they still make them ?), they were around for a while in Australia, but again that was years ago.

Does it sound anything like a jcm800? Really looking for something that has a lot bite to it. Another amp I'm dying to get is a Yamaha t50. The signature 120 comes with 6l6 power tubes. I like everything with el34s
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

From memory they have lots of bight, these amps were the bees knees back then. While I've probably heard a JCM800 I wouldn't know, so can't compare directly. From what I've been reading about the DMs (combined with my memory of them) it would be a good buy, they were/are special, bit like schecter vs fender in the early CBS years.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

From memory they have lots of bight, these amps were the bees knees back then. While I've probably heard a JCM800 I wouldn't know, so can't compare directly. From what I've been reading about the DMs (combined with my memory of them) it would be a good buy, they were/are special, bit like schecter vs fender in the early CBS years.

Can't seem to get my wife to say yes. Don't wanna miss out.. Crap
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: [1]   Go Up