ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP-1 repair and service in the US West Coast ( Las Vegas Nevada )  (Read 5687 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

Hey Folks,

New on the forum but I'm a returning long time user of the ADA MP-1!  :D
Just this last week I bought 2 ADA MP-1s and they will arrive this coming week. I'm very curious "if" I may need any servicing who on the US West Coast does repair for them?

Let me know any thoughts or suggestions Folks  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey DjC, you've been busy on a few post  :thumb-up: good to see.  Our other US members can probably help you out with good techs for the west coast (and I'm sure they will when they see your post).  That said, there is quite a bit you can do yourself if you are handy with a soldering iron and have a decent multimeter handy.  Lots of great tech support here particularly from MJMP (our resident tech guru and all round nice guy).
So when your MP1s arrive, post us a few details so we can help more with recommended mods etc.  When you turn the MP1 on it will display the firmware/software version.  The last revision (EPROM) for the MP1 is v2.01.  MJMP can supply the EPROMs for you (very easy change, take off top cover, remove current EPROM, insert new one  :whoohoo!: ).
Check the tubes, it's most likely time for some new ones, check out the tube threads for ideas as to what will suit you (very subjective area tube choice)
Noise mods are worth doing as all the electrolytic capacitors are well past their use by date and add to noise.  These mods require removing both top and bottom covers, de-soldering the old caps and soldering in the new ones.  But if the units aren't too noisy no real need to bother just yet.
The MDRT (Machinator (nice guy BTW) Designed Replacement Transformer) is a very worthwhile mod, really opens up the MP1.  MJMP gets a batch made from time to time and not a particularly hard mod to do.
Lots of good threads here re various patching options, fxs, poweramps/cabs and ideas, again a subjective area but a wealth of experience from all our members.
Anyway, a good week is coming your way with 2 new(ish) MP1s, enjoy  >:D :metal:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

Thank you so much for your help rnolan! And yes I'm excited to be active with this because it has been 20 years for me and it's like returning to long lost love - minus all the drama LOL!

My best friend dug out his MP-1 last month after having it packed away for several years ( he won't sell it ) and when we hooked it up straight into the old Marshall 9000 power amp I was floored by how good it sounded!!! His is the 1.38 version so I am back on board and getting caught back up on everything ADA.  :)

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

That's a smart guy your friend, He knows a good thing when he's got it :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey DjC, IMO the ADA preamps are still the best there is  :headbanger: . And Harley's on the money there  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

Yes Folks I agree on all posts!  ;D Love the ADAs!!

Now for an update on a not so positive side, but it will work out.

I'll post on the main section.
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up