ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: The Hate is Spreading to Marshall  (Read 7168 times)

GuitarBuilder

The Hate is Spreading to Marshall
« on: Time Format »

It seems like hate is the in thing these days.  Imagine my surprise when I got this message after posting some of my Marshall amps for sale on Craigslist:

So,ummm,REALLY? Urr tryin' to sell all that Limey SHIT for that much when I've ALWAYS played Fender;s and SMOKE that Marshall SHIT!! Gimme a Twin-reverb with an extra 2-12 box and that DEFINED half-stack!!! Move back to England if ur that into Marshall!!! TURD!!!!

I can't believe Mr. Tom Eggleston actually took the time to write this email in response to my ad!  There are some sick puppies out there!  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

herbyguitar

Re: The Hate is Spreading to Marshall
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Yup. It seems to be the trend these days. Don't let it get you down. It's just a sign of the times.
Jack of all trades. Master of none.
Gear List: Hell, it changes too fast to keep up with.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

WTF is his problem  :o ,must say I never saw a reaction like that before on an ad !!! Why would you even do that?

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Damn kids now-a-days, so disrespectful and stupid.
Didn't anyone tell him he doesn't need an amp to play the skin flute! :banana-rock:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

sigh.

Craigslist has gotten really bad with that crap these last few years.  This must be the Troll Age we now live in.   :(

MikeB

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

It just boggles my mind that someone would go to the trouble of replying to an ad for a product that they don't want. He must be very busy as I imagine that craigslist is full of stuff that he doesn't want.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

The global inter-connectivity and the Internet has brought many things, some good, some bad.  There's allot of strange, deranged and disenfranchised people in the world, and now we give them platforms to vomit on us (or even worse rip us off) anonymously.  :facepalm:   While horrible, the stuff people (particularly kids) SMS, message, post (eg facechook) etc is really horrifying, leading sometimes to self harm and even suicides etc.

Don't feed the trolls, report them if there is somewhere to do that ? (like spammers).

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Yeah, I too see this hate speech popping up around, luckily not too much where I > venture.
Saw the same earlier on Fender guitars, then Gibson's (which do have a QC problem).
It's sortof the new rave shit these days, and in my opinion being programmed into people.
And supported by hate metal and cheap pr0n, where it's called hatefck'in' and destroying daddy's [fill-in]. Sick.

So, I shall publicly declare my love for all of the naming-troubled gear and racks:
The Fenders, the Gibsons, the Marshalls, the Simpsons, and dem lovely chicks ;)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

The global inter-connectivity and the Internet has brought many things, some good, some bad.  There's allot of strange, deranged and disenfranchised people in the world, and now we give them platforms to vomit on us (or even worse rip us off) anonymously.  :facepalm:   While horrible, the stuff people (particularly kids) SMS, message, post (eg facechook) etc is really horrifying, leading sometimes to self harm and even suicides etc.

This is correct.  And somebody needs to do something about it.  The internet gives too many assholes a platform to preach.  It gives every ignorant, swine a f**king pulpit to spout bullshit and for this I will always deeply resent social media in general as it is surely the worst offender.  Idiots read stuff from other peoples social media and then take it all to be true and next thing you know you have a generation of dumb ass people with retarded perpectives on things!  It's actuall insane the sheep mentality.

Now I do not agree with this completely, but is it any wonder countires like China have insanely strict contol over their internet.  It's perhaps heavy handed to have it all monitored etc but you can why they do it.

The attitude displayed by this asshole is actually shocking.  He lets his own country down with that type of attitude.  I blame this kind of trend in attitude on "Mr Fake news", as he seems hell bent on driving people further and further apart and instilling fear in them a promoting xenophobia.

Do you guy's think that was a kid?  I sure as hell don't.

I hope I haven't offended anyone here BTW.  I think we're fairly international on this board and better for that!

"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I don't think it was a kid either, but then who knows...  If Mr Egg layer (chook for brains, sorry chooks  :facepalm: ) reads any of our posts he'll no doubt feel chuffed that he's upset us, mostly they (trolls) are probably lonely, isolated (not surprising) and seeking attention (and unfortunately, here we are giving it to him  :'( ).
I would say he's letting humanity down (which, as you say, isn't good for his country, but then we all have our own nutters).  The trend in attitude is unfortunately, already there (and being greatly exacerbated by globalisation and greed (the rich get richer the poor get the picture)), politicians (pretend, fake or otherwise) milk it for their own gain.  But this all gets complicated. I'd rather talk about tubes etc

We are a nice international community here, I for one am very proud to be a member, I find it a ray of light in an otherwise dark(ish) world. So to that end, we do what we can  :thumb-up: , and who knows, maybe set a good example and, above all, support one another  :wave:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Well I was reading in the paper a week ago an article about the fact that people are becoming more stupid in the past 2 decades , so maybe they are right  :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Yes I believe this also.  Now I wanna say something serious but you all must really check out my recommendation.

This phenomenon of people getting dumber has already been noted by the fantastic film director Mike Judge, the creator of Beavis and butt head.  He made a a movie a few years back that basically predicts this stupidity phenomenon.  The film is comedy but as all mike judge programs do, they make amazing observational statements of real life and do so in a tongue in cheek manor but in  a very clever way.

Watch the movie Isocracy guys if you have not seen it already.  It raps up how man kind is doomed by future dumb ass generation after future dumb ass generation.  And it does it in a hilarious way but it also says something that I personally believe is currently happening right now!  And that is generations ate getting dumber and dumber.  Watch the movie guys!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

"Idiocracy" is a GREAT movie!  What Gerry said is bang on correct about it.  It's very funny but it does ring true in so many ways. 

I wish Mike Judge would make a sequel to it....

vansinn

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Well I was reading in the paper a week ago an article about the fact that people are becoming more stupid in the past 2 decades , so maybe they are right  :lol:

And it's absolutely true. It's part of an agenda towards New World Order, executed through controlled media.

In the US, six banks and a few corporations owns almost the whole top of the press, networks, social media, Hollywood..
In the EU, a number of years ago the whole top of the press were summoned to a closed EU meeting where they were told, "from now on you'll learn to adhere to the concept of self-censuring, it you can't work this out, there will be laws about it".

So, through controlled main stream press, controlled info, controlled product advertisements, controlled music, film and talk shows, and especially controlled TV, the population has purposefully been dummified.
One of the elite's mantras from the beginning stated, "we want a TV set in every home, for dumming-down the population."

This, and other mantras, have been written into available texts - if we only know where to look.
Finding out about how this whole scheme works require a massive time investment, but can only be done once we start seeing things, and starts asking, whatonearthishappening (.com - there's actually a website with that name. boilingfrog is another, and loads more..).

I've spend the latter 6½ years peek'n'poking all of this (now writing a book on it), so i didn't get it from conspiracy theory or fake news..

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

I've been working on a new song "Consume, Be Silent, Die" which pretty much wraps it up as a title, I hadn't thought to include the dumb getting dumber aspect until now, good aspiration for a verse or 2.

Mass globalisation has been great for a few, and pretty bad for the rest of us..  :facepalm:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up