ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Rack of Derm is complete - for now  (Read 4084 times)

bloodspoint

Got the last piece in this morning - the tuner. Here it is, for now.

I'm not really sure what else I'd go with or need here. I'm pretty happy with the way this is working.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: My Rack of Derm is complete - for now
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Nice! :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I used to have that "blackface" Intellifex.  Not sure why that version is deemed "better" than the other Intellifex's but it IMO it sure was funtastic!   I use the Xpression now in my live rig, but if I ever found a good deal (and had the funds available) on another "blackface" Intellifex I'd get it for my home rig.   :thumb-up:

Funny enough.....my very first MP-1 ever came from a local Music-Go-Round store that had both a Chameleon and an MP-1 for sale, and I was fairly undecided about which to buy.  I literally flipped a coin and walked out with the MP-1.  Lucky coin.   ;D

The MP-1 supports a rack tuner in a very good way.....it has a Headphone jack that is perfect for that; something I wish my MP-2 still had.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Sweet setup  :thumb-up:

bloodspoint

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

I used to have that "blackface" Intellifex.  Not sure why that version is deemed "better" than the other Intellifex's but it IMO it sure was funtastic!   I use the Xpression now in my live rig, but if I ever found a good deal (and had the funds available) on another "blackface" Intellifex I'd get it for my home rig.   :thumb-up:

Funny enough.....my very first MP-1 ever came from a local Music-Go-Round store that had both a Chameleon and an MP-1 for sale, and I was fairly undecided about which to buy.  I literally flipped a coin and walked out with the MP-1.  Lucky coin.   ;D

The MP-1 supports a rack tuner in a very good way.....it has a Headphone jack that is perfect for that; something I wish my MP-2 still had.

I hadn't thought of running the tuner from the headphone jack. I've got it stuck in the effects loop on the MP-1. Seems to work well, and if I understood the manual on this Behringer tuner, there's a way to mute the output while tuning if you want, which would stop the return to the MP-1, and should mute my audio. Haven't tried that yet, though.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

The headphone jack is probably a good option (unless you wanted to use the mute feature) as then you are not putting another bit of circuitry in the signal path, although if the tuner supports "true" pass through then it's a mute point in some ways.  You could also just use the MP1 Fx send, IIRC if you don't use the Fx return it doesn't break/interrupt the signal (as it's a serial loop) so it's another spot where you can peel off the signal (pre chorus & master).  The HP jack is also slightly cab simmed ie has some top end removed to sound ok in full range HPs (may have some slightly deleterious affect on tuning  :dunno: ), and careful, it's quite high output.  However, both of these options are affected by the patch (dist (ODs), eq etc) and the HP out is also affected by the chorus and master vol.  I bring this up as in my IPS33 smart shift it has a distortion loop so the harmonizer "tracks" the clean guitar signal but applies it to the distorted signal.  Tuning a clipped distorted/eq'ed signal makes it a bit harder to track the note due to the changes in/to harmonic content of the note (very pedantic though, and probably not a worry).
The other way to go with a rack tuner is do the rear jack mod (so it becomes the same as the front input) and go through the tuner first, this could also use the mute feature and will track clean guitar...

I use a Peterson Stroboclip these days, best $75 I ever spent  :thumb-up: , strobe & stretch tuning (soo much more accurate than "dead zone" digital tuners) and I can use it to tune all of my instruments.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

About the headphone jack and using it for a tuner. Problem is that the headphone out is stereo and if you plug in a mono cable you will short one of the headphone outs, so it's better to use the send of the mp-1.
Pages: [1]   Go Up