ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New rack complete!  (Read 59270 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: New rack complete!
« Reply #75 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, the standard is MP-1, Quadverb, B200s, Slant split stacks LoL (I suspect others may disagree), but, time for you young-ans to take over. The GMaj(2) is great but all digital, no analogue pass through  :facepalm: but hey, I'm an analogue die hard (digital is fine just mixed in or, why not go down the profiler/clone route (dsp sucks your soul... sorry a bit harsh but has some truth to it)). Which is why you may need a line  mixer with a stereo Fx send.. It (GMaj) does sound better mixed in in parallel BTW, Mike and I proved that to ourselves, but it's marginal and you loose the GMaj2 CC advantages (like stereo master vol control, mmm MP-2 has that built in, and they are newer mmm).

@DjC, man you are definitely trail blazing my friend.  Some of your issues sound like they could be solved with a good contact cleaner (ie spray/clean the pots) but the chorus issue has come up a bit lately, first Richie_B here (in Melbourne IIRC) and now both Jasons unit and another you've sourced.

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #76 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, the standard is MP-1, Quadverb, B200s, Slant split stacks LoL (I suspect others may disagree), but, time for you young-ans to take over. The GMaj(2) is great but all digital, no analogue pass through  :facepalm: but hey, I'm an analogue die hard (digital is fine just mixed in or, why not go down the profiler/clone route (dsp sucks your soul... sorry a bit harsh but has some truth to it)). Which is why you may need a line  mixer with a stereo Fx send.. It (GMaj) does sound better mixed in in parallel BTW, Mike and I proved that to ourselves, but it's marginal and you loose the GMaj2 CC advantages (like stereo master vol control, mmm MP-2 has that built in, and they are newer mmm).

@DjC, man you are definitely trail blazing my friend.  Some of your issues sound like they could be solved with a good contact cleaner (ie spray/clean the pots) but the chorus issue has come up a bit lately, first Richie_B here (in Melbourne IIRC) and now both Jasons unit and another you've sourced.

Yeah luckily my issue with my number one MP-1 was only bad preamp tubes  :banana: However since I had my Grail unit open I hit everything inside with contact cleaner.  :D

But with these chorus issues I'm watching these threads carefully Richard. It seems that one day the chorus works then the next time you power on the unit it has stopped! Not like it works intermittently - just stops!!  :amaze:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #77 on: Time Format »

Yeah luckily my issue with my number one MP-1 was only bad preamp tubes  :banana:

:whoohoo!: :bow: :banana: :thumb-up:

AWESOME, BRO!
On the run again!

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #78 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, the standard is MP-1, Quadverb, B200s, Slant split stacks LoL (I suspect others may disagree), but, time for you young-ans to take over.

I'm 45 y.o.  :banana-rock:

I saw a Quadraverb GT on sale for 90 euros this evening in the shop where I bought cables for my rack...but I left it there...I've no more space...  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #79 on: Time Format »

Yeah luckily my issue with my number one MP-1 was only bad preamp tubes  :banana:

:whoohoo!: :bow: :banana: :thumb-up:

AWESOME, BRO!

Yes Sir - I'm so relieved!!!   :green-banana-smiley-emoticon:

Man I know this unit inside and out now thanks to MJMP and Richard and so many of you coaching me along!!!

This forum ROCKS!!!!  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #80 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, I'm so glad (and also relieved) that your HG unit turned out to be just tubes (IIRC that was MJMPs call as most likely at the time  :thumb-up: :bow: ).

Don't forget to try some Mullard LPs on your journey, I (strongly) suspect you'll like them allot, they are the most articulate tubes I've come across.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #81 on: Time Format »

But with these chorus issues I'm watching these threads carefully Richard. It seems that one day the chorus works then the next time you power on the unit it has stopped! Not like it works intermittently - just stops!!  :amaze:

When I was doing all of my mods, I noticed that the chorus had stopped working. I asked mjmp about it at the time and his advice was to mark the position of the chorus trimpot and then twist it back and forth a few times before returning to the original position. It is a contact issue and this worked for me. Can't remember which is the chorus trimpot. Maybe someone can help with that.
I don't feel tardy!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #82 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC, I'm so glad (and also relieved) that your HG unit turned out to be just tubes (IIRC that was MJMPs call as most likely at the time  :thumb-up: :bow: ).

Don't forget to try some Mullard LPs on your journey, I (strongly) suspect you'll like them allot, they are the most articulate tubes I've come across.

Yes for sure Richard you've really got me thinking about those my friend! I have asked for a description from you on those in another thread  :D

When I was doing all of my mods, I noticed that the chorus had stopped working. I asked mjmp about it at the time and his advice was to mark the position of the chorus trimpot and then twist it back and forth a few times before returning to the original position. It is a contact issue and this worked for me. Can't remember which is the chorus trimpot. Maybe someone can help with that.

Hey thanks for that tip Mike - I have two units I'm going to try that out on!!!  :thumb-up:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #83 on: Time Format »

Can't remember which is the chorus trimpot. Maybe someone can help with that.

Don't remember where I got this, but here's a pic for that.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #84 on: Time Format »

Hey just a side note, not to get too far off on this topic - but today I hit the chorus trim pot heavily with contact cleaner and turn it full counter and clock wise for about one full minute then let everything dry then fired it up........................nothing  :(

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #85 on: Time Format »

Did you set it back to the 11' o clock mark?

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #86 on: Time Format »

Did you set it back to the 11' o clock mark?

No actually I set it at full counter clockwise to see if I could anything out of it - should I go ahead and set it at 11 MJMP?
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #87 on: Time Format »

Yes else it won't work, usually most mp-1's are set around 11 'o clock. Turning it fully CW or CCW will turn the chorus off because it's not biased like it should and the chorus signal will disappear. You can see this very well on a scope.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #88 on: Time Format »

Yes else it won't work, usually most mp-1's are set around 11 'o clock. Turning it fully CW or CCW will turn the chorus off because it's not biased like it should and the chorus signal will disappear. You can see this very well on a scope.

OK awesome info MJMP!!!!!!!!!  I'm going to try this tonight on Jason's original 1.38 and hopefully get some action out of it!!  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #89 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC! Your rack is awesome. Also following your YouTube channel  :thumb-up: .

(BTW I couldn't reply any topics 'cause of my exams.)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up