ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: New MP 1 owner.... now help me build my rig  (Read 3769 times)

StillClimbing

Re: New MP 1 owner.... now help me build my rig
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

What about a BBB maximized or an Aphex Exciter? I know people had these in their racks back in the day. I have the pedal versions of both and I kinda like them, but other people hate them.
Guitars: Peavey Vandenberg, Gibson Les Paul Studio
amps: Mesa 20/20, MP1 (Mk 2 Mod4), Crate Blue Voodoo 120, Synergy Syn 2 with Hilligan Scorch & Via Sig modules
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex LTD, many pedals
4x12 with real V30s

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: New MP 1 owner.... now help me build my rig
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Whatever works for you, you could have them in front of the MP1 or in the MP1 loop, in the loop lets you switch them in/out in the MP1 patch, in front you'd have to stomp them on/off.  Every gadget you put in the signal chain will add noise, affect (reduce) the dynamic range and also you need to get the gain structure right.  My preference is keep it all simple and make the sounds with my fingers, also I'm not chasing a particularly "processed" sound.  IIRC Aphex started life as an aural exciter designed to make vocals stand out in a mix (as they add lots of upper harmonics). I don't know much about the BBB maximizer stuff but other members here use them I think  :dunno: .  Basically you need to try it and see/hear if it enhances your tone to your taste.  Although my advice would be get your tone(s) sorted first (at stage volume), then add things in one by one and compare.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up