• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Main Menu

MP-1- err 1 on startup

Started by tabascojunkie, August 16, 2014, 01:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabascojunkie

My MP-1 started losing memory a while back. On startup it runs through diagnostic and shows err 1, then goes to preset 1 with all settings at 0. It goes through this every time it powers up.

What does this sound like, bad battery?

MarshallJMP

Does it only show err1 or also err2 and err3?

Now this sounds like a bad battery anyway so best to replace it.You could tru to measure the voltage,should be at least 2.6V,but if that that low replace it anyway.

tabascojunkie

Yeah just err 1. I'll check voltage.

Here's a guestion, has anyone ever had luck just desoldering the battery instead of replacing the clip and everything?

tabascojunkie

So I fired it back up and it is err 1 2 & 3. Battery is dead so I found the parts at Mouser and got them ordered.

The mouser part number is 534-104 for the battery clip. Yall might want to pin that number somewhere,  I had to go through a few sites to find it.

Anyway,  hopefully in a few days the MP-1 will be singing again.

tabascojunkie

I replaced the battery with the the battery clip and she's back to life and holding presets. Yay.

rnolan

Good news  :thumb-up: Thanks for the tip on the part number BTW, we'll have to remember it's in this topic
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Syntho

I changed the EPROM and installed a battery mod. Upon the first powerup after that, it read "C xxx" with xxx being the program numbers. It cycled all the way through 128, then read Err 1 and Err 2 (maybe Err 3 but can't remember). I restored the factory presets and now it seems to be working fine. I guess it's normal for it to do that right after taking the battery out and replacing it?

rnolan

I suspect it runs through a complete check, the same happens when you replace the CPU (which I did in one of my MB-1s).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Syntho on July 26, 2017, 02:26:39 PM
I changed the EPROM and installed a battery mod. Upon the first powerup after that, it read "C xxx" with xxx being the program numbers. It cycled all the way through 128, then read Err 1 and Err 2 (maybe Err 3 but can't remember). I restored the factory presets and now it seems to be working fine. I guess it's normal for it to do that right after taking the battery out and replacing it?

Totally normal, nothing to worry about.