ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: HDS's MP-2 MP1 (Michael Wagner) patch!  (Read 7671 times)

HDS

This is my patch that i made to sound like the Michael Wagner MP1 patch used for Vitto etc..

Voicing: Warm High Gain
Drive: 71
Overdrive: 81
Master: 46

Compressor: out

Tone Controls
Low: -6
Mid: +2
Hi: +2
Pres: 0

Graphic EQ
100 Hz: -2
170 Hz: -2
280 Hz:  0
470 Hz: 0
800 Hz: 0
1.3 kHz: 0
2.2 kHz: 0
3.8 kHz: 0
6.3 kHz: 0

Wah: Out

ROOM EQ All THE WAY TO FULL!

That the base tone! Add your Chorus, reverb etc.. I am using mine with a Torpedo Live (IR Brit VintC.)
« Last Edit: Time Format by HDS »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: HDS's MP-2 MP1 (Michael Wagner) patch!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey HDS, thanks for sharing, I ran it up (though I've no idea who Michael Wagner is or what he sounds like  :facepalm: ), not a bad starting point for a MP2 patch, and it got me playing  :thumb-up: , always a good thing  :thumb-up: . I was using Profile Tele > MP2 through studio rig wit a bit of delay/rev, Tele has Ultrasonic Ref3 in neck (which works well with this patch) and SD custom tele in Bridge (not a great fit for this patch (i.e. too thin), but combos of the 2 PUs sounded quite good).  I thought the patch had a nice grungyness to it BTW  :metal:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

HDS

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks! I should have added that this was made with a Les Paul using Ducan JB humbuckers.

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I've no idea who Michael Wagner is or what he sounds like  :facepalm:

Shame on you!!!  :nono: :nono: :nono:

Michael Wagner (producer) = Dokken, Skid Row, Extreme, White Lion, Accept, Great White, Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, Ozzy Osbourne...

He used the ADA MP1 to create many guitar tones in the '90s...  :headbanger:
On the run again!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey R this will cost you a round of beer in the virtual ADAdepot bar !!! ^-^

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey R this will cost you a round of beer in the virtual ADAdepot bar !!! ^-^

At LEAST one round!   :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

And a bottle of nice Isley whiskey, and a Keg of beer for you guys  :thumb-up: , definitely (and deservedly) my shout  :wave: .
Now Skid Row I do know (we used to play a bit of their stuff (I was in my 30's and the rest of the band (Debbie Does) were 17/18, we also played a few Mr Big tunes), wasn't Extreme Nono Betencourt, used MP1 (very very well) and married Suzi DiMarchie from the Baby Animals (great Australian Band), with Alice Cooper I preferred who ever played on Billion Dollar Babies, I lost interest when he went pop, Ozzy I just know from Sabbath days.  I only know the name Dokken coz it's been mentioned by people here, White Lion I've heard of but not heard, Accept  :dunno: , Motley Crue I've also heard of but not heard. Through that period (my lame defense) I was playing 3 to 5 nights a week, going to Uni to get IT degree and raising a daughter...

@ HDS, sorry to steal your thread LoL.  I'll give it a try with my JPLP, Page burst bucker in bridge (not my fav PU BTW), and 59 PAF in the neck and/or maybe my SG which has 57 Gibson re-issues in it.  I need to chase some MP2 patches for them both.  BTW if you check out my rhythm patch in MP2 patches, it's not a bad starting point either.  I've never tried to emulate anyone else, just made my own tones.

HDS

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

It's ok, thats how forums are ;) I have been poking around internet wayback snapshots of the old adadepot forum in hunt for MP2 patches. So far I have found two from a user HarleyHexxe.

Voice = Dynamic Hi Gain (8)
Drive = 91
OD    =  100
Master = 40
Comp = out
Lo = +10
Mid = -6
Hi = +8
Pres = +2
EO Bands:
100Hz = +8
170Hz = +8
280Hz = +6
470Hz = +4
800Hz = -2
1.3Khz = +4
2.2Khz = +2
3.8Khz = +6
6.3Khz = 0
Marshall Tone by HarleyHexxe
Voice = Ultimate High Gain (9)
Drive = 70
OD    = 100
Master = 63
Comp = out
Tone Ctrl:
LO = +12
MID = -12
HI = +6
PPES = +12
EQ:
100Hz = +10
170Hz = +2
280Hz = -6
470Hz = -2
800Hz = -2
1.3KHz = -2
2.2KHz = -4
3.8KHz = +2
6.3KHz = -2
Noise Reduction = Fader (set threshold according to Master level)

From this point, the same program is set up, but the chorus in kicked and the program level modified to match the above settings. Here are the modified, and chorus settings:

Master Level = 70

Chorus Depth = 30%
Chorus Rate = 0.8

vansinn

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Harley is one of our long time users in here ;)
Interesting you're setting most all 9-band EQ's to zero to obtain a more direct/unflavored tone.
I remember Ross (Singtall) doing that too to get a pretty damn good Rectifier tone, using voicing 10 with gain and overdrive set all the way to the Sun.

Ahh, those proverbial internet beers; I quite a few floating around out there, should I ever meet those guys - or meat those girls :P ::) :amaze:

HDS

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Yep, It just came out that way. I analyzed freqs my MP-1 with the "Vitto" settings dialed in. And attempted to match the freq curve with the MP-2. The big thing I see using this method is seeing how much more open headroom the MP-1 has over the MP-2. Still a lot more to fart around with. 

I was an old forum member too, just havent posted much anymore.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey HDS, I tend to run my MP2 patches without much (if any) graphic eq, didn't seem to need it.  Interesting trying to chase MP1 sounds from MP2, they are such very different beasts, when I moved from MP1 to MP2 I didn't worry about it, just went with the MP2's strengths. I picked up a couple of MP1s a while ago, and playing through them I quite liked (it was a bit nostalgic I spose). Interesting comment re open head room in MP1 compared to MP2, I agree with you and it's a very salient comment IMHO.

So something I haven't tried yet (but may do this weekend  :dunno: ) is run them both at the same time (I've tried MB1 and MP2 on bass  >:D ) but not MP1 and MP2 (either Y split or A+B box for input). Now this idea needs a mixer, makes it easy to do.

rickeb1

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Yes, I know this is a very old thread, and I haven't stopped by here for a long time, mostly because I haven't been using my MP-2 (been using other amps).  But I brought out my ridiculously small little rig of my MP-2 running into an old Carvin DCM150 power amp into a Port City OS212 with Celestion V30s the other day.  I punched in the first patch from HarleyHexxe that HDS listed above, and... I can't stop playing!  It sounds and feels so good!  I've been playing digital amps for awhile now, and I always think they sound pretty good, until I fire up a good tube amp like the MP-2.  It just sounds, and especially *feels*, so much better!  Just had to come by and share that!

~Rick

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey HDS,

I'm glad you liked a couple of my patches. I like to use the MP-2'sd for more aggressive tones, but still try to retain full bodied clarity.

Keep in mind, I write most of my presets for single coil Strats, so they do need to be tweaked for Humbuckers.

Rock on!  :headbanger:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Yeah, all my rigs sound great until I compare them to the ADA

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey Rick, been a while  :wave: . good to hear from you, and great you are resurrecting your MP-2  :whoohoo!: .  One preamp to rule them all, one preamp to find them, one preamp to bring them all and on the stage bind them....  I've had a play through some of the various digital offerings, not exhaustive by any means, but it seems they are all trying to pretend to be what I already have. IIRC MJMP posted that the MP-2 was the first modelling preamp in that you can get pretty much any tone from it you want.  I'm not sure that was ADAs intention? probably.  As posted previously, I've never tried to emulate other players tones with mine, I just made my own.  Different guitars and PUs make a big difference.  The patches I did for my Anderson (Ultrasonic PUs) work well with my JPLP, actually sound better.  So I'm about to embark on a Dante inspired idea making a separate bank for different guitars.  One problem I have these days is tweaking the tones at stage volume which makes a huge difference.  Also, while the room eq sounds great when you set it to full, you then have no where to go with it (it also ups the volume quite a bit) so I want to dial the sounds in with it set to Normal.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up