ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Gear Thread  (Read 3678 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
My Gear Thread
« on: Time Format »

I'm trying something different here.  Instead of having a post "signature" with all my stuff following it, I'm going to just try posting it all here in a single spot.  My "signature" will then link to it and reduce my own self-induced onscreen clutter.   :D

ADA:  MP-2, MPC.
Amps:  Peavey Transtube Supreme 100.
Cabs:   Carvin 4x12 (Celestion 70/80 speakers), B-52 2x15 modded cab (Celestion Fullback speakers).
Tuners:  D'Addario Pedal Tuner, Korg DTR-1000.
Stomps:  Dunlop 95Q wah, Saturnworks Saturn Fuzz, ProCo Rat, EHX Soul Food, EHX Silencer, Ibanez Smashbox, MXR Full Bore Metal, Boss DS-1, Mr Black Bloodmoon, Boss PH-3.
Misc.:  Gator pedalboard, Rolls MidiBuddy, Saturnworks A/B switch, Saturnworks buffered splitter, BBE 462, Peavey PV6 mixer, Shure SM57.

Guitars:  Jackson KE3 (DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro pickups), Jackson KE3 (DiMarzio Breed/PAF Pro pickups with nickel covers), Silvertone P-bass, '70s Gretsch Dorado acoustic.

I'll come back and edit this from time to time as needed, since everything is subject to change. 
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: My Gear Thread
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Kim, good idea  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey KIm

Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do here? Looks like a bit of a strange routing?

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey KIm

Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do here? Looks like a bit of a strange routing?

Sure!  It does look.....well, strange.  But what's going on is that I'm basically using 2 separate rigs at the same time.  The routing chart explains it all.  There's the "guitar" path going to the Wah > MP-2 > Intellifex > JSX power section > one cab.  The other path is the Mel9/C9 (Mellotron/Organ) path going to the Volume Pedal > second MP-2 > PA poweramp > second cab. 
The guitar signal is split from the Mel9 pedal Dry Out and goes on its way to the Wah, and so on from there.  The PH-3 pedal only affects the C9 Wet Out, and the A/B switch toggles which one of the EHX "9" pedal's signal gets to go to the Volume pedal....and that Volume pedal determines if that effect is heard or not, and how much of it.   

The second MP-2 is actually a backup preamp, but right now it's being used as a preamp for the Mel9/C9 signal.  It's pushing (preamping) a good strong signal to the poweramp and the EQ and Compression in it really helps.  Eventually I might find a dedicated unit for that so that 2nd MP-2 can wait at home until something goes wrong with the main MP-2.

The rack pic shows a Peavey Classic 120 poweramp and a Behringer bass amp (for the bassist to use if he wants) in there as well, but those are backups right now.  I could use the Classic 120 to power my guitar sound instead of the JSX, but I'm enjoying the Resonance and Presence features that the JSX offers.

Everything changes, just give it time.  lol

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ok I see now, thanks.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Kim,

That Dunlop Wah, Isn't that the JP model?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Kim,

That Dunlop Wah, Isn't that the JP model?

Harley 8)

No, but it is the switchless model. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up