ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noise mod v2  (Read 2369 times)

gb

Noise mod v2
« on: Time Format »

Ok so C1 cap is leaking and about to explode.. the noise mod v2 instructions say to replace c1 2 and 8 with various rating caps.. however my originals are all 6.8uf 450v.. is there a reason the mod suggests difderent values (33uf 250v for c2 and 8)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Noise mod v2
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

ADA used different models over the years, 22µF/400V for C1, 33µF/250V for C2,8.

gb

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Ahh ok. I think ill order 3 sets of the big mod kit feom mouser and do all my mp1s. Id like to return a mod3 back to stock.. it sounds rubbish so maybe something wasnt done well..what is cap C7. I used to have a board layout but cant find it.

gb

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

ok so looks like OPA2604AP  Op amp is unavailable through usual channels like mouser and digikey. Is there an alternative easily sourced i can use or is it unlikely i need to replace this as part of the Noise mod.

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Gb you should just make it easy on yourself and buy it all from MJMP. He has just about everything you could need and you know it will be right :thumb-up:

gb

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Gb you should just make it easy on yourself and buy it all from MJMP. He has just about everything you could need and you know it will be right :thumb-up:

Yes ive thought about that but can get very expensive after dollar conversion and shipping. Mouser and local ones have free shipping and i can get everything i need relatively locally quite cheaply. Its purely an affordability thing (now that i bought a AC30C2X .. sacrilege!!) BUT yes if it proves to get too difficult to source a part i will check in with MJMP as you are right at least i know the kit will correct. I already have the small noise mod kit but just missing the tube board components (BIG noise kit). So i could easily do 1 unit. But would like to tinker with the remaining 2 and return 1 poorly modded one back to stock as a spare (or do a different mod like MOD4). I want to make sure i follow through with this haha as i get distracted quite easily. Saying that my main unit is in pieces due to the leaky cap and i need to get it up and running asap before i need to gig.

I also want to replace all of my switches for my LExicon R1 foot controller (20) which im $20 away from free shipping which is why i thought id do a big shop at one place and get free shipping.

Hi MJMP

Ill send you a PM shortly.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Time Format by gb »

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I hear that but I tried my first run of gathering components on my own it just wasn't worth it. Im in the US not sure where you are located. I think it was like 6 euro for shipping on large noise mode and the SS tube board mod wich I am extremely happy with. I bought a Mp-1 with a 3 mod and was DOA might be too much for a novice.
Do look into the super stock board from MJMP. Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up