ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mod3 or Mod3.666?  (Read 20658 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Mod3 or Mod3.666?
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Hey go FoneBone, short answer yes I've got lots of ideas how to connect it. But it's going to be one of my long (I'm probably known for it now  :facepalm: ) long/er answers.
 I'm up for the Inteleflex (never used one but understand they are decent digital multi effect), BBE IMHO (but granted never heard one) why?? (hey but there are some members that like/love them ??? ).
The least you have to go through the better, and keeping an analogue guit signal from guit through to cabs the best you can get. So that's how I come at it.
The other principal worth noting, is as you can/afford it mix in the digital stuff, don't chain through it, the first thing the majority of digital gear does is A/D the signal (this is fine and how it needs to process it; but it's imperative (if you care about your sound) to keep it analogue through to the cabs (IMHO BTW)).  So how to patch and do this ?
Ok You have MP1, put GCS-2 in loop an turn loop on (for recording or sending to the desk at a gig), the out put of MP1 A/B will be cab simmed. Ideally you'd mix in the digital effects and not chain through them.
Without a small mixer (e.g. Art splitmix) etc (see other posts) you'll have to chain through the gadgets e.g.Mp1 > Intellifex > BBE > poweramp > cabs. (not the best option BTW)
Ideally what you want is MP1> analogue mixer (combine/mix in digital FXs) > Poweramp > cabs, this will sound the best or your at the mercy of the A/D - D/A converters in the gadgets/ trust me they are very ordinary!
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

RobbHell

Re: Mod3 or Mod3.666?
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

For Mod3 and 3.666 users. I found that changing C73,C74  to .022uf  has a pretty good Peavey 5150 mid sound. R151 can be left stock or changed to 2k for a more dramatic effect.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up