ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Use of ADA gear by Primus  (Read 5336 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Use of ADA gear by Primus
« on: Time Format »

Didn't Les Claypool used an (modified) MP-2?

I don't know what Les used later on, but I can confirm he used an MP-1 during the Frizzle Fry tour. He and Larry LerLonde used MC-1 footswitches at the time, I don't thing the MPC was even out yet, let alone the MP-2.

Fun Fact: I was using an old Boss ME-5 (the first multi effect from Boss) through two half stacks when my band opened for Primus on that Frizzle Fry tour. They are the reason I started using ADA gear in the first place. Seriously. I wondered what kind of sorcery was behind this simple footswitch and wire apparatus they had onstage and just had to investigate. Been down that rabbit hole ever since.

Cool thing about playing with them was that we got to meet/hang out with the fellas, great bunch of guys. Very humble and fun, and yes...funny. Funny looking, funny sounding, funny personalities - we seemed to get along well, our band was full of geeky guys like them. nerdy musicians rule \m/
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.

I don't know what Les used later on, but I can confirm he used an MP-1 during the Frizzle Fry tour.

I had heard that before as well.  Didn't know they went to the MP-2 later though...

Cool thing about playing with them was that we got to meet/hang out with the fellas, great bunch of guys. Very humble and fun, and yes...funny. Funny looking, funny sounding, funny personalities - we seemed to get along well, our band was full of geeky guys like them. nerdy musicians rule \m/

I would have loved to chat up Larry one-on-one about his time and gear he used when he was in Possessed.  Seems like he doesn't want people to know he was in a Death Metal band before, even if it was one of the best early-genre ones.   ::)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Larry played in Possessed right? That was released in '85 and back then Death Metal didn't exist yet. So technically speaking he never played in a Death Metal band  ;D

Seven Churches was a very good album, it was quite original when it came out. Still have the LP.

Wimbish

That's some cool stories here.

I like this gear talk very much :)

Les Claypool now plays an Fractal Audio Ax8, according to a bassplayers magazine interview. Never saw this device in action, especially not with a bass guitar...

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

I would have loved to chat up Larry one-on-one about his time and gear he used when he was in Possessed.  Seems like he doesn't want people to know he was in a Death Metal band before, even if it was one of the best early-genre ones.   ::)

Ler was definitely socially challenged at the time, but we all were, we were kids. There was a serious PUNK/FUNK movement going on in Northern California at that time (late 80s, early 90s) spawning Primus, Faith No More, Fishbone, Mr. Bungle, and more....all of us riding on the coat tails of 'white boy rap' from the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Beastie Boys meets local favorites Metallica. Seriously, we had our own niche at the time. I was part of it, in a project called "Go figure..."

I am still in contact with everyone from that band, we are all brothers in music. I have gotten together a couple times with the drummer (my old roommate) to play music with some brothers from another band. If it wasn't for musicians, I would have no friends. haha
Pages: [1]   Go Up