ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDI Controller Patch Editor and Librarian created by Kent Dalton  (Read 17098 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

This is something I'll have to pull out my old Dell laptop out of the closet and try out. That has XP Pro on it, and I have a MIDI UNO patch cable that I bought for use with my old Fender G-Dec, but I'll have to download and install a compatible browser for it to be able to get any MIDI sysex programs to inteface with any of my equipment.

It seems that Windows 7, and Vista don't work very well with this type of system. All the OS' after XP seem to have difficulty reading old MIDI files like those. At least, this is what the error messages seem to indicate.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

This one is good and works well.

https://www.bome.com/products/sendsx/downloads

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Chappy, the cable looks like it should work ok and says it's compatible with windows (except Win10) and also Mac OS X. IIRC though Mike said some of the cheap USB <> MIDI cables were a bit dodgy  :dunno:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chappy

Appreciate all of the quick replies.   Nice pickup on the Win10 issue Rnolan.  I missed that in the Ebay listing.  Unfortunately I am operating Win 10 now.  I will do more research on cables and check out the bome.com website. 
Perhaps I would be better off with a generic MIDI foot controller.

Thanks again for the help.

Chappy

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Chappy, if you just want to switch patches via midi, a midi foot controller/switcher is the go.  The USB/Midi cable and the sysex programs are. for the most part, to dump/backup your patches to your PC and load them again etc if required. Although GripHook is working on a patch editor PC program which needs you to connect the MP1 to your PC via midi.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

There is a way to change the program number on the pc with bome sendsx.

hookup the usb to midi connector to the pc and connect the midi out to the midi in of the mp-1.

Start sendsx and select the midi device on midi out tab.

Then type in the midi out window C0 00 and press send (F4) and it will do a program change on midi channel 1 to program 01
If you press C0 01 it will change to 02. C0 0A will change to 11 etc... ,note these are hex numbers not decimal.

Program Change = 1100nnnn 0ppppppp  (in binary) so in hex this will be C (=1100) 0 (midi channel 1) 00
This message sent when the patch number changes. (ppppppp) is the new program number
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up