ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Les Paul from Jimmy Page Guitar Shop  (Read 19503 times)

Satch

Re: Les Paul from Jimmy Page Guitar Shop
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Love the new axe!!!!!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Whats more unusual is that after owning it for a month(ish) I've burnt the strings out, I just play it so much, when I'm giging I'd change strings every second night, but I'm not so they tend to last much longer... But I noticed the other night, the strings could use a change... I'm loving this thing...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

WAR_in_D

« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

....but I have been pleasantly surprised by a couple of online purchases too, one of which is my Les Paul copy Ibanez that weighs as much as my car :thumb-up:

Yeah, my keeper LPC was bought online and I absolutely love that guitar.  It's got some heft, but not too heavy and the neck profile is good for me. 

Now, the local music store has a really nice LPC that just plays killer and has a great neck on it but the darn thing weight feels like it weighs 15 pounds.. LOL

And rnolan, that guitar must be a keeper if you've worn the strings out already! 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Absolutely, there are now 3 guits (of only 9) that I've told my daughter that are not (never!! ever !!) to leave the family, my Anderson, the acoustic I built from scratch and now this JPLP. Just burnt in another 3 hours on it.... this time turning on the IPS33 smart shift, f##k me this guitar is good.... Again time for bed...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

So for the first time in years my left finger callouses are like when I was playing 5 nights a week LOL (I spose it's coz I am  :whoohoo!: ). And it almost needs a new set of strings (already...) While they're not cheap, if you come accross one of these JPLP #1 re-issues, they are definitly worth it  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Just had a great jam with MikeB (LP classic > MP1 rig, ADA csb sim into studio monitors), when you get up close to his LP Classic "mistress" (note little m Mike LOL) it's very beautiful, not as 3D as my new JPLP but (as Mike and I enjoyed, when some one else is playing your guit you can see how it looks (coz when we are playing them we see the top edge)).

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Just had a great jam with MikeB (LP classic > MP1 rig, ADA csb sim into studio monitors), when you get up close to his LP Classic "mistress" (note little m Mike LOL) it's very beautiful, not as 3D as my new JPLP but (as Mike and I enjoyed, when some one else is playing your guit you can see how it looks (coz when we are playing them we see the top edge)).
TRUE! I was watching a guy playing my small semi-hollow axe and the wood looked like it had been touched by GOD - the wood grain looked sooooo deeeep, I was entranced  :banana-trip:

It sounded great too - the desert island guitar for sure (if I'm ever stuck on a desert island and can only bring one guitar....). She's the one on the left side, I know, you can't really see the grain in this pic. I'll get a shot in the sun, that's where you can see it like a stage light hitting it  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Hey Dante, Nice  :thumb-up:

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Congratulations on a great score, Richard!  I have also made it clear I wish to be buried with my '59 LP   :banana-dance:

Warning: Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT plug this LP straight into a Marshall Plexi SLP-1959 (Super Lead) and play it at max volume!!  You will forever be drawn to the Dark Side and abandon your ADA......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

That's a good point, I haven't tried it with my 72 Marshall 50 yet  >:D LOL

MikeB

« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Shall I bring over the JCM 900 on Wednesday??  :banana-guitar:
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Maybe not this Wednesday but be good to give it a go sometime  >:D LOL

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

That LP is so lovely, it is making me want to actually get a real LP!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy, from all the research I've done since getting it, it's one of the best looking I've seen, caught my eye at the music shop, then I played it, mmmm such a lovely thin neck (my preference) and sooo much sustain (reminds me of spinal tap LOL). I hadn't heard it plugged in until I'd set it up with some DR 10-46, then played until dawn. I thought the weight would be a problem but it's not at all, it's very comfortable to play (for hours on end). And I love the '59 PAF in the neck, the burst bucker in the bridge is growing on me. Also PUs are wired out of phase at the selector switch, so Led Zep tones abound. Only small criticism is it's a bit hard to play in 19th position due to the neck join bulk (as are all '59 LPs). I now get some insight into why Page was very much a 3 finger(ed) lead player as it's very hard to get your 4th finger in there up that high.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up