ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Output level pot  (Read 3783 times)

d1469d

Output level pot
« on: Time Format »

Does any one know why my output level pot  on my Mp-1 is cutting in and out ? I sprayed it with contact cleaner and this did not help. When I turn it it makes a crackling noise. I thought it was just dirty. Everything I have tried is not working. Should I just replace it ? I have been trouble shooting this for some a few days now and I am very sure it is the Out put level on the MP-1. Thanks  :banana:

GuitarBuilder

Re: Output level pot
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Which contact cleaner did you use?  Not all are created equal - Deoxit is my favorite that works.

Another option is to desolder the pot, open it up and clean the surfaces with an eraser.  Not for the meek.  You may just have to replace the pot.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

d1469d

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

It was a can of contact cleaner had had laying around. I will try the good stuff. Thank you for the info. :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Contact cleaner will only help for a while,after a few months it will start again.

d1469d

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the info. I will probably replace it. I think I may have this one modded after x mas. It is in very good condition and I am getting a good sound out of it. The modded ones sound really good. It seems to be working now, however I will not be taking this one on gigs until I get it modded and fixed up.  :whoohoo!: 
Pages: [1]   Go Up