• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Main Menu

Rig Pix

Started by Dante, July 31, 2014, 10:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soloist

Quote from: MarshallJMP on June 28, 2016, 08:35:30 AM
Wow so 4 different preamp going into 4 different fx units. Any reason why 4 preamps? And 4 fx units?

Well the Piranha might be sold soon so it would then be 3 pres. MP2 has the best cleans, I use the MP1 for 80's covers like Firehouse, Thunder and Skid Row. The Marshall is for more of a Judas Priest type tone, some early Def Leppard stuff.
Once the piranha and intellifex go I plan on getting a patchmate or GCX guitar audio switcher so I can run any fx with any pre. Limitation of the ground control pro is that it can only control up to 8 units.
I like the pitch shifting and reverb on the Lexicon, love the 8 voice chorus on the intellifex. Quadraverb is used for delay only. G major 2 sounds best with the Marshall, not too bad with the ADA's.
The main reason is because I am  a gear junkie! :facepalm:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Soloist

When I get a G-Force I can eliminate a couple fx units.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

MarshallJMP

I think the new patchmate's are mono (correct me if I'm wrong) so you'll need to find the old model.

BTW I think we are all gear junkie's here.

Soloist

The older Rocktron stuff is better anyways. Made right here in Michigan. Now there new stuff is made in China and the quality took a few steps back.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

MarshallJMP

Well I also have a G-force and in the beginning I used it for everything but with the addition of several ADA racks I now only use for reverbs.
For delays I use the ADA Digitizer 4,it has an amazing delay, almost as good as the TC2290.
For chorus I use the TFX-4 (all analog) and ADA STD-1 (all analog)
For flanging the ADA TFX-4 and the ADA 2FX
For pitch the ADA pitchraq

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Soloist on June 28, 2016, 09:06:53 AM
The older Rocktron stuff is better anyways. Made right here in Michigan. Now there new stuff is made in China and the quality took a few steps back.

I think that goes for a lot of gear, quality has declined a lot.

Soloist

MJMP, do you "daisy chain" your processors or is your signal path routed a different way?
Also do you use the fx loop or just place them after the pre?
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

MarshallJMP

Well I also have the old rocktron patchmate and each effect goes to a loop in the patchmate.
So my signal chain is like this;
Guitar to Dunlop rack wah to Decimator CH1 in,out is split into 2 mono signals,one goes to the MP-1 in,the other to the MP-2 in.
MP-1 out goes to Decimator Ch2 in ,out (dual mono)goes to the return of loop 1 of the patchmate
MP-2 stereo out to return of loop2.So I don't use the sends of the patchmate because you get too much noise and groundloops this way.
The rest of the effects (except the G force) are in the different loops using the send and return.
Then out of the patchmate goes to the G force stereo in because I also use the G force as a master volume controller  and for muting.Stereo out to my 2 marshall heads into 4 4x12 cabs.

Harley Hexxe

That's a nice compact rig. I've seen those pedal boards around, but they wouldn't really work for my MIDI controllers, except for my MXC, Quad Pedal and CCP.

Cool stuff :thumb-up:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Soloist

Since I had the week off, from work and band I re-worked my rig, A couple reasons, 1 I felt the rack wasn't running as cool as I wanted it to. 2 I wanted to eliminate a few pieces that I didn't need. 3 Of course, wanted to improve my tone! This what I ended up with, its sounds a bit richer and fuller, more dynamic and throws off a lot less heat. :whoohoo!: I did keep the 50/50 in there for a back up.

Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

rnolan

Looking good Soloist  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

Dante

DANG. That's a lot of stuff. Looks very tidy though.

You & Harley must drive semi trucks

PrimalScream91

Out with the old, in with the new!  :thumb-up:

Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

Harley Hexxe

Cool, which one is that?