• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Main Menu

Stereo FX

Started by assquatch20, January 18, 2019, 07:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

assquatch20

Hey there, long time admirer of ADA stuff here. I've got a split stack and a T100S in the mail, trying to piece together a wet/dry/wet setup. Probably gonna blow most of my budget on a '76 Super Lead and install a loop in it, but I may get something cheaper and more practical.

Either way, I'm interested in really good stereo effects like what Strymon is putting out these days. I figured I'd go for their Big Sky reverb or something like it first, but folks have been tempting me with the modern modeling stuff and its ease of use. I figured maybe an MP-1 or one of the other ADA units might do what I'm after, but I'm doubtful at this point that anything else can pull off such a variety. What effects does it have and how "stereo" do they get? Would there be a way to route this for w/d/w? Even if I don't go that way for effects it's tempting to pick one up for the preamp stuff. Found one with a MIDI switcher locally that I was tempted by but I'll probably dump all my current budget into an oversized dinosaur amp, it's a decent bargain for what it is at least.

Any help is appreciated.

rnolan

Hey assquatch20, Both MP1 and MP2 can be run stereo.  It's kind of pseudo stereo as one channel is inverted 180 degrees but it works very well.  There's a bunch of ways you can patch your rig to include a decent stereo multi Fx. All the MPx units are very versatile and are capable a a wide variety of tones.  The MP2 is the most versatile and also includes more Fx.  Have a read of the manuals and there are plenty of posts regarding patching options in the various preamp areas.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few