ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I got more busted gear than good  (Read 1418 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
I got more busted gear than good
« on: Time Format »

I'm not bitter, but I gotta get offa my ass and fix some stuff. I got my Viper rollin, thanks to MJMP  :thumb-up: and a bit of soldering prowess of my own. Lemme tell ya, if you get a chance to get a Viper, nab it. Super cool little amp that pretty much outperforms my Mesa DC-5 in a slightly smaller and much lighter package.

Now, on to the rant!! My shit's busted. Lots of it. As near as I can remember, here's what's up...this may change:

MP-1 Classic: my favorite toy in the whole wide world, next to....nevermind. Brown sound is kinda light tan. This is a sophisticated beast, I'm not tackling this until I have a bit more experience. The MP-2 looks simple inside, compared to the Classic. The Classic looks and works simpler on the outside. WTH?

MicroTube 200: CH. B never worked right.....so what, I run bridged mono. BUT...that's been giving me volume spikes periodically. They are intermittent, unpredictable, piercing, random, and annoying. I can't tell if the volume is jumping up, or if it's choked and then opening up to 'correct' volume. :dunno:  When she started acting up, I used Ch A. Then, the volume spikes affected that too. I have cleaned the jacks, but not tested this simple fix yet. Stay tooned. I guess this is my first order of business, getting this amp working right.

MicroFET: Ch B never worked, Ch A is fine. I think it's 50w/side. Small backup amp. Not a high priority, but it'd be nice to have both sides working for the bridged Mono 100w. setting. It doesn't sound horrible, it doesn't sound great, but it's tiny. I prefer my Crate Powerblock to this in a live setting, but the MicroFET would be a great bedroom amp.

MP-2: Working (thank gawd). Despite my numerous efforts to destroy this poor MP-2 that I bought in 1996, it remains. It is strong, with a bright blue light, and plenty of noise on the super high gain voices. The MP-2 gives you the saturated, processed, post-master-mix, tone of guitar. The MP-1 (I feel) gives you that raw power to punch a hole in the mix....like the aforementioned Viper. This damn MP-2 deserves it's own post...and it shall have one.  :headbanger:

Pages: [1]   Go Up