ADA Depot Too - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm Back!  (Read 276 times)

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
    • View Profile
I'm Back!
« on: Time Format »

Hey y'all. How are you? I think some of my friends remember me. I'm the 15 y.o. hair metal/AOR guitarist guy. I wrote to this forum when I was 14 last time.

And I'm back now, after a year which is full of depression... 2016's last months and 2017 were too bad times for me. Even I didn't play guitar. I started to playing guitar in March 2017 again but I wasn't good at all again.

Thank God, I'm ok now. I can still shred! Even I practiced for lots of times and I can play better now.

I miss all of my friends here. I hope everybody is ok...

Orkun  :headbanger:

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Back!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome back young friend!!!  :thumb-up:

What happened to you in these times?
On the run again!

Rack stuff from Hell:

ADA MP-1 (modified by MJMP)->TC Electronic G Major->Advance Tube Technologies TA '70 tube power amp

Marshall JMP1->Alesis Quadraverb GT->Marshall Valvestate 8008 power amp

Zoom 9150->Marshall Valvestate 8004 power amp
Zoom 8050 MIDI Controller
Zoom FP01 Expression pedal

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI controller

Blackstar HTV 212 stereo cabinet with 70/80 Celestion speakers

Amps:

Rivera Pubster 25
Blackstar Fly 3 amp + external speaker

Stomps, stomps, stomps...and stomps (Bogner rules!):

TC Helix phaser, Xotic RC Booster, TC Sentry noise gate, Bogner Ecstasy Blue, Bogner Ecstasy Red, Mad Professor Royal Blue Overdrive, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, TC Flashback delay

Guitars:

2018 Arrogantia Pandora Vendetta 24 HH Trem-1987 PRS Custom-1988 Fender Strat Plus-2016 Custom assembled Fender Strat-2013 Gibson SG Standard-1995 Gibson Les Paul Studio-1991 MIJ Ibanez RG570FM TB-2016 MIJ Ibanez RG655M SPM-2002 Bruno Traverso Custom "Tommy" Silky-2017 Kramer Baretta Special-2010 Simon & Patrick Woodland CW acoustic

Orkun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Welcome back young friend!!!  :thumb-up:

What happened to you in these times?

Lots of things happened, Brother. My AOR/melodic rock/hair metal cover band disbanded which was the full of young musicians like me. I had problems with my friends and my first crush. And other things. But for sure I'm good now! I bought new guitars.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Welcome back Orkun, you're definitely among friends here  :thumb-up: , great to hear you are on the up and up  :whoohoo!: .  They say that "whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" there's some truth it that platitude.
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Glad to have you back Orkun! Those teenage years can be a bitch, happy to hear you are navigating through them. Chalk all that crap up to learning experiences. It does get better. :thumb-up:
Rock On!
Live Rig:
Preamps -ADA MP1-ADA MP2-Marshall JMP1-Digitech GSP1101
Post Effects -TC Electronic G Major2-TC Electronics G Force-BBE 482i
Pre Effects -Boss NS 2-Boss GE 7-Radial Engineering Hot British-Ibanez TS9-MXR M108-Boss SD1
Mixing/Switching -Alesis Multimix8-Voodoo Lab GCP-Voodoo Lab Amp Selector- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2
Power - ADA MT200-Mesa 50/50-Voodoo Lab ISO5 Pedal Power-Furman RP8-Livewire PC1100
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
Cabs -4 2x12 ADA Split Stacks

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Welcome back  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • View Profile
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up:  Trust me Orkun, when you get older, you will realise all that shit will make you into a proper man and it will be all worth it!  :amaze:  I remember similar times when I was 15, that was 20 years ago.  I'd like to go back to when I had no responsibility like in those days, but honestly, I like being 35, I'm so much smarter for the experiences I have had over the years.

My only regret, is I feel I should be a better guitar player than I am for the length of time I have been playing.  I started with I was 14-15.  You'd expect me to be Yngwie by now  :lol:  but I aint!  :amaze:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GT5 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"

Orkun

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Thanks for replies! This forum is the best IMO.

I also formed a two-pieces neo-classical/speed metal band named Speedy (our best influence is Cacophony). We're working for our first song.

Also I bought a new guitar about 2 months ago. Jackson 1992 MIJ Dinky Limited. I loved it very much! It's one of the best guitars I've ever played. Even the best thing is, it's #1 out of 200. I'll post the pictures of it and the #1 on the neck.

But of course there are my dream guitars which I'll save lots of money to buy them. It will be to hard to save money for me, but at last it will worth it. They are Suhr Modern Satin or Suhr 80s shred, Jackson SL2H or KE2 or KV2(only snow white or graphic).

:headbanger:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • View Profile
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Welcome back Orkun, good to have you back in here.

You have new goals on the horizon (guitars, songwriting) which are all good signs that you are on the mend. Great to hear buddy, I have also struggled with depression, it can be difficult. That said, keep your chin up, every day is a bit easier than the one before. Oh...and if you feel sad, it's okay, but just tell yourself you don't have to....and then feel happy. Nothing kills sad like happy.

Go shred kid, you deserve it.
ADA Gear: MP-1 Classic | MP-2 | Viper Combo | MicroTube 200 | MicroFet | MXC w/Quad Switch

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

One of the local music shops is distributing Suhrs, there are some very (very) nice ones but with BIG price tags (beautiful wood).
A mate of mine had a Jackson (1984 ish) black with Floyd, nice guitar (was Charvelle involved back then  :dunno: ), I repaired the peg head for him when it had an accident and snapped. IIRC they were dumb like Gibson and cut the angled peg head out of the neck blank rather than do a join (so the grain runs straight at the peg head neck transition, major week spot and probably the most common Gibson repair).
Studio Rig: MP2/MB1 > Eurorack UB2442FX-Pro > TC M-One XL > Behringer Truths (with Truth Sub) / QUAD ESL 63s
Live Rig: MP2/MB1 > Alesis Quadverb > Alesis Midiverb 4 > Yamaha AM802 > B200s/Carvin TS100/DCM200L > ADA Split Stacks/Mesa P112s

Iperfungus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

My only regret, is I feel I should be a better guitar player than I am for the length of time I have been playing.  I started with I was 14-15.  You'd expect me to be Yngwie by now  :lol:  but I aint!  :amaze:

Trust me, mate: when you'll be 46, this will be meaningless as well.  :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the run again!

Rack stuff from Hell:

ADA MP-1 (modified by MJMP)->TC Electronic G Major->Advance Tube Technologies TA '70 tube power amp

Amps:

Rivera Pubster 25

TC Helix phaser, Xotic RC Booster, TC Sentry noise gate, Bogner Ecstasy Blue, Bogner Ecstasy Red, Mad Professor Royal Blue Overdrive, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner, TC Flashback delay

Guitars:

2018 Arrogantia Pandora Vendetta 24 HH Trem-1987 PRS Custom-1988 Fender Strat Plus-2016 Custom assembled Fender Strat-2013 Gibson SG Standard-1995 Gibson Les Paul Studio-1991 MIJ Ibanez RG570FM TB-2016 MIJ Ibanez RG655M SPM-2002 Bruno Traverso Custom "Tommy" Silky-2017 Kramer Baretta Special-2010 Simon & Patrick Woodland CW acoustic

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Trust me, mate: when you'll be 46, this will be meaningless as well.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well striving to be better I hope is something I will always care about, otherwise what would be the point?  But I get what you mean.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GT5 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Harley Benton GPA400

Iperfungus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Well striving to be better I hope is something I will always care about, otherwise what would be the point?  But I get what you mean.

The point is: do your best having fun and forget the rest!  :headbanger:
On the run again!

Rack stuff from Hell:

Amps:

Rivera Pubster 25

Guitars:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Yes but aren't all artists tortured by such things?  :lol:  We are never happy, and we are always trying to be better.  And I mean this light heartedly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up