ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly  (Read 33152 times)

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
Re: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Nope, Until now I didnt need a scope. Too bad! :/

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

Try the stuff out at your friends house and we'll go from there.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

Hey Griphook
(ADA 100 & GMaj 34, ADA 101 & GMaj 34, ADA 101 & GMaj 35), so prior to pedals like the FCB (eg ADA MC1 or MXC etc) to achieve what you want I would leave MP1 mapped 1 to1 and edit the GMaj change table so 100 = 34, 101 = 34, you can't have ADA 101 = 34 and 35 as in red above, was that a typo ? This is the way my rig is set up as I map the same delay/reverb patch (000) in my Quadverb to most of my MP2 patches, but as the QV is 0 - 127 and MP1/2 is 1 - 128 and I use ADA MXC pedal (which is 1 to 128) I have to reduce the PC number in the QV by 1 eg MP2 112 & QV 000 I map 111 = 000 in the QV change table.

Hey MJMP, Mike is watching this post but I will ask him to try it.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

Right.  Well i haven't tried the exact same numbers but this is how mine works. 
I have 4 banks of 5 basic mp1 tones.  One bank for each combination of guitar and whether i go direct out or to the power amp.
So i have 20 presets on the mp1.  The mp1 is listening on midi channel 1.
Each of my 5 basic tones has a corresponding patch in the gmajor2.  It is listening on midi channel 2.
So the 20 mp1 patches are linked to 5 gmajor2 patches.  (Not dissimilar to what you are trying)
The fcb1010 sends the mp1 midi program change on PC1 (midi channel 1) and the gmajor2 program change on PC2 (midi channel 2).
The midi path goes from fcb out to mp1 in then from mp1 through to gmajor2 in.
This setup is working perfectly.  It sounds like your mp1 is not responding to the midi properly.  You said that it is responding to CC messages and that alone indicates to me that something screwy is going on.  I can help out with programming etc, if everything is behaving as expected.  I think your problem is more technical than that and so i prefer to leave you in the capable hands of mjmp et al.
What you are trying to do should be possible and you have done all the right things to get it to happen.  Good luck with it.
I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

Hi Griphook,
check you messages.
Mike.
I don't feel tardy!

Griphook

« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Hey Griphook
(ADA 100 & GMaj 34, ADA 101 & GMaj 34, ADA 101 & GMaj 35), so prior to pedals like the FCB (eg ADA MC1 or MXC etc) to achieve what you want I would leave MP1 mapped 1 to1 and edit the GMaj change table so 100 = 34, 101 = 34, you can't have ADA 101 = 34 and 35 as in red above, was that a typo ?
I thought about that too, but that was not a typo. It is more like a "more-gain-than-rythm-with-chorus"-Preset (MP1 101) and then a compressor and phaser on GMaj 34. But I like the same ADA Preset for lead so GMaj 35 is reverb/delay.

Mike, so you are just sending the correct PC and not use the ADAs or GMajors mapping at all?
Thanks, got it ;)

I'd love to get all things going to use all the flexiblity provided, so Im looking straight forward :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Ok I understand now. To do what you want with mapping copy the MP1 101 to say 102 and in the GM, map 102 to GM 35 and 101 to 34. But this is to do it with mapping and a suggestion to get you up and running while we try to sus out why the FCB messages aren't getting responded to as they should. Coz what you want to program can be done with the FCB as it can send out (IIRC 5 simultaneously ?) a number of midi change numbers on various midi channels for one button press.

From previous discussion, it does sound like the midi in the MP1 has been messed with (it seems they played with the midi circuit, maybe to make it respond to CC ?) (From what i can see all digital stuff,gates,flip flops,decoders etc...). Possible fix is put it back (midi board) to bog standard ?

Griphook

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

To sum up, I got 2 workarounds until thos Whole Problem is fixed:
  • Sending multiple Program Changes (first PC to GMAj2 , fifth PC to MP1) and set the MP1 to MIDI-Channel "All"

• + So I got noeffort with different mappings
    • + I can use CC to control the GMaj 2
    • - The GMaj 2 Preset will be called for the little time between the 2 ProgramChanges

• Use the Mapping of both devices

• +Definetly working due to just one single ProgramChange
    • Not sure if CC wont mess things up

I Think that's it.
Yep, the FCB can send 5 PCs and 2 CCs almost simultaneously. The order of them is IIRC PC1, PC2, PC3, PC4, CC, PC5.

The Check at my mates place is still on the ToDo-List. If the result confirms the consumption that the MP1 has a kind of failure I already spoke with MJMP. He lives about 2,5 hours away from me. So I hope he can fix it then.

If it isn't the MP1 I got a problem... I think.. I dont believe the Behringer support will get as technical and supportive as you guys  :dunno: :thumb-up:

Griphook

« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Hey Guys,

I recabled everything and I noticed that the MIDI Cables (this "outer ring")get in contact with the MP1s Chassis. My Question now is:
Could this be an issue(Grounding etc) or a cause? Or do only the pins matter?

Greets

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

This should not give you any problems normally.Now you can always unscrew the midi board and try to shift it into place so it doesn't touch anything.

@Mike,what eprom do you have?

MikeB

« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

@Mike,what eprom do you have?

I have the 2.1 that you sent me last year.

When i put it in and tried to restore from a midi dump from the previous eprom, it all went screwy.  Had to reprogram manually.  However, It wasn't the same set of symptoms.
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

What version was your previous?I guess a 2.00?

MikeB

« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Yeah, I think so. I just went to check but i've obviously put the old one somewhere very safe and i can't find it.  It was originally Richard's which was one of the first into Australia and he upgraded it to 2.0 (if thats what it was)
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

I did the first MP1 upgrade available here in Oz (but only 1 upgrade), it wasn't to 2.00 IIRC I seem to recall a 1.7 ish ?? but it's a long time ago so it may have been 2.00 ?, I think by the time 2.00 came out I had moved on to MP2 (overtaken by events...). And now all my MP2s' are v1.41.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

The only versions i saw were 1.36,1.37,1.38,2.00,2.01.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up