ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I'm BAAAaaaack!!!  (Read 12614 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
I'm BAAAaaaack!!!
« on: Time Format »

Just when you thought safe, here comes a ghost from the past  :facepalm:
How's it going gang? I see a lot of familiar names still on the roster, way cool! :thumb-up:
It's been a long time since I've been able to get here, but I made it. I hope I can get back into the swing of things like I did before. Anyway, it's good to see all of you again!

Oh well....there goes the neighborhood   :givemebeer:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
Re: I'm BAAAaaaack!!!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Welcome BAAAAaaaack  :thumb-up:

8)
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley

Nice to have you back  :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Thank you Peter, and MJMP. It's good to be back. I have a lot of catching up to do, and it looks like I may have to re-write some of the essays and articles I had posted on the old Forum. Tips and trick for rack building, tweaking guitars and some special mods I'm looking into lately.

I'll be quite busy here soon, as I'm putting together my personal studio in the basement of this apartment I'm living in now.

Thanks again Gents, the Depot RULES!!!  :bow:

Harley

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I'm looking forward to it  :D

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Well well well! Is this why the phone call last weekend? I am guessing so...

Welcome Back!!!! It's very very very nice to see you again, bro. We may be able to retrieve some old essays of yours by way of the WayBack Machine...but no guarantees.

When I fired up this rendition of the Depot, we started from scratch. :-\

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Sat Harley do you still have this massive amount of ADA gear?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, (as I PM'd you) great to have you back and your already into it  :whoohoo!: Some good ideas  :thumb-up: as always. I must say it was nice to be able to approve a (your)  registration without having to research it for possible spammer concerns  :facepalm: we've had a few issues with spam bots.... Hey man, basement studio  :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Dante, Yes, that's what the call was about :D I left you a voicemail the next day when I didn't hear from you, As for the Way Back Machine, If it's broken, no problem. I'd be happy to write new ones. In fact, I've got the Monster rack emptied, and am going to reconstruct it with the MP-1 and 3TM MP-1 in it. I'll document the assembly, but I'll have to get another camera for the photos. I gave my Canon to Vickie for her photog classes she's been taking.

MJMP, Yes, I still have a truckload of ADA Gear >:D and a few vintage Fender Amps as well. I'm really hooked on the combination of Fender and ADA as a guitar rig :thumb-up:

Richard, the spambots have always been an issue with this Forum ever since Jurrie started it. Yep, a basement personal studio. I lucked out when I found this apartment two years ago. Things were kind of touch-and-go for a while there, (reality has a way of cramping artistic lifestyles). I have the ground floor of this building, with a full basement, that has a man door that goes to a garage. Security was a big issue when I first moved in, but new doors with deadbolt locks, security steel storm doors with key locks, and some window modifications have taken care of that. Unfortunately, the computer tower I built years ago, for multi track studio applications gave up the ghost. I went cruising a few yard sales and bought a couple of laptop PCs cheap, and so I'm trying to redesign the recording process around a couple of those. I'll probably be posting a few threads about that as I get familiar with how to make things work with the software I'm finding available now. It's a massive learning curve for me at the moment plus, my work schedule is getting in the way a lot. ( There's that reality thing again  :amaze: )
I'm currently employed at Alcoa AWTP and I work 3rd shift. They are very short handed there with a huge customer demand projection that spans the next three years. Job security isn't an issue, but finding free time is. I basically work 12 day work weeks, with paid vacation, and paid holidays. Not too bad for the bank accounts. If they can hire and keep about 150 more people, my schedule could lighten up a bit. That would be nice.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Sorry man, my voicemail SUKS pretty bad...I typically get messages a couple days late, which is REALLY handy  :hair-out:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, sounding good (apart from time at work), let us know if we can help with your recording direction. Total empathy from me, my PC died a couple of weeks ago and that's got all my protools stuff on it  :facepalm: , worse my contract ended June 30 so scarce $s to fix it all for now, and just when I was doing a bit of recording again. So I'm relegated to my laptop for now but at least I can get on here  :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hi Richard,

Yeah, it's a bummer no doubt! I built that PC myself in 2001. It was designed around a Lexicon Core2 motherboard, which would only operate on Windows 98SE. One of the computer techs told me he thinks the AMD processor is dead. I'm not quite ready to toss it out just yet, because there are other techs who are more qualified than him. So there may be hope for it still. Besides that, all the music that I had on tapes with Band Of Heathens, is stored in those hard drives. It took me a month to get all that into the computer. I still have everything on tape, but I would have to go get a deck to put the music that is on cassettes into one of these laptops.

I have downloaded and installed Audacity in this laptop, but there are other things I'm working with too. If you remember, before I went offline, I had bought a Fender G-Dec Exec, and that comes with software that connects to a PC via USB. It's a cool little combo amp, that looks really cool too! Since then, I bought another one, a newer one, the G-Dec 3 Thirty. This comes with Fender FUSE software for the amplifier, but it also has Ableton Lite Live recording software included with it. That's where the learning curve is taking place right now. I'm trying to familiarize myself with everything I can do with it. There is no way I'll be able to set it up with my mixing board like I did with the Lexicon system, because that used what they call a "Breakout Box" to interface the audio connections to the PC. I'm going to have to find another way to connect the mixing desk to the laptop(s). I may get lucky and find an old Pentium lll somewhere, that I can set up the Lexicon in it, and I still have all the software that I need to make that work. Who knows? Maybe these laptops will work out with USB connections. I just have to make the time to learn how to use it  8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, there are quite a few AD/DA interfaces around that work with USB and thus your desk (which is the best way to for low(est) latency monitoring IMO) although I don't recall any with more than 4 in/out (not that I've really looked as the Digi001/protools I have is 8 in/out (or 16 using the SPDIF connector as well).  To get you data off the old hard drives, (which I had to do recently), you can use a HDD cradle which connects via USB to your laptop, if it's USB 3 and your laptop has a USB 3 port it's much faster, but USB 2 works as well.  Given your PC is from the 98SE era, you probably need a cradle that supports IDE drives, my HDDs in the crashed PC are SATA, a mate lent me the HDD cradle (ASTONE) but it's SATA only. I've seen some around that do both IDE and SATA though and they aren't particularly expensive.  Anyway, may solve your problem. I copied the data (via cradle > laptop) direct to an external USB drive.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Richard,
I have another method to get the info off the HDs. I have another old tower PC and one thing I used in every Windows operating system is a program called "Windows Commander" It was created years ago by a man named Christian Ghisler, and it's worth it's weight in gold! With that software, I should be able to power up the troublesome tower, and connect via a network cable to the working tower. Then it's just a matter of opening Windows Commander and finding the drives on the network, and transferring the data to a working PC. I can probably do this on one of my older laptops then transfer that data to flash drives.

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Sounds good  :thumb-up: as long as you can get your data back
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up