ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broken output jack on MP-1, what to replace with?  (Read 5336 times)

WickedBlade

Hey guys,

while changing out the tubes in my MP-1 (it's a V1 by the way), I noticed that my output A jack is broken. So at the moment I'm using the second output which was much less used apparently, but I'd like to fix the first output anyway.

Could someone tell me what I can replace the switch with?
Maybe it's compatible with what Fender (this) or Marshall (this) use for their amps? Anything from that page that would work ? link (or any other seller in Europe, for that matter)

Thanks for your help. The sooner I can fix this, the better (I have several gigs this summer, I'd like the MP-1 to stay fit).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Hey
I have these in stock if you want one

http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm

WickedBlade

I'll PM you then.

But my point was more to find out if there is any 'in production' replacement, as opposed to NOS as I believe your parts are...
« Last Edit: Time Format by WickedBlade »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

From the pic on MJMP's site (and I assume these are similar to B200s jacks ?) these are plastic on the outside so they DON'T earth to the chassis/case (which can create hum and earth loops. Also the ones MJMP has will line up to the PCB or you'd have to run separate wires (and also ensure the jack didn't earth to the case).
Also based on when MikeB and I changed out his rear input jack recently, because it's close to the end of the back plate (where all the jacks mount), while it was fiddly, we didn't have to undo all the jacks and take the back plate off (just loosened it and bent it a bit to get to old jack out and new one in). I suspect for the output jack you may not be able to do that ?? So if you have take off the back plate (which will expose the rear I/O circuit board), and while all the jacks are accessible (as this is quite a bit of work), it would make sense to replace them all (IMO).
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

darthphineas

to piggyback on to the OP, what would be the suggested part to replace all those rear jacks in the back (i.e., output A, output B, fx send, fx return)?  is there a Switchcraft, for example that is preferred? and is there already a diagram or schematic of the new wiring?

thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up