ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Duratech TS 1513 Desolder Station  (Read 4473 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Duratech TS 1513 Desolder Station
« on: Time Format »

So I bought one of these for $160 AUD (so not outrageous) as I want to do the noise mods on my MP2s'. So I got 2 MP2 NM kits from MJMP (21 caps, 1 resistor x 2). I was going to give it to an experienced tech to do (I haven't been near a PCB since my teens (quite a long time ogo)). Then MJMP sent me a link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft50m8UU5WQ), this is a long clip BTW, he does a complete review of exactly (albeit with different badging) what I've bought. It's a gun style desolder station with pump etc. After watching the clip, I thought hey I can do this. So I set it up, got the bech ready, thumb tacked a piece of white cardboad to work on and looked at it for a few days.. taking my time.  Got an old dead compressor and pulled out the PCB to practice on. Then...

Fired it up last night, pulled out 2 medium sized caps and a bunch of resistors, too easy, this thing rocks. Building up some skill to do the MP2 noise mods, I'm also going to change the tube sockets in all 3 MP2s. For that I need to remove the tube board from the main PCB (lots of contacts). MJMP said he's done it once and never again (not good news LoL), but with this desolder thingy, I don't think it will be that hard.

Now I need to practice resolder, the same guy from the clip has a couple of other clips for this also (through hole PCB and SMB).

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up