ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Got My First MP1  (Read 5863 times)

Metropolis

Just Got My First MP1
« on: Time Format »

I just got my first MP1 a couple days ago and I am very impressed with the organic feel of the unit.  I've played around with creating several patches and I believe that I can achieve all that I'd hoped for.   Yesterday I recieved a Microcab11 and am also very impressed  with the depth that it ands to the tone.  I am looking forward to learning about and discussing this preamp with all of you.   
Custom Built Ibanez RG (2)
ADA MP1
Rane SP15 5 Band Parametric EQ
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Custom Built 2x12 Mesa Clone Cab V 30

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Just Got My First MP1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Metropolis, good to have you working  :thumb-up: and posting and congratulations on the MP1 and Microcab  :whoohoo!:
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Metropolis

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I should be recieving a MosValve 962 power amp tomorrow to couple with my MP1,  Rocktron Intellifex and my 2x12 Mesa Clone.
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: are you going to run in stereo ? Makes a huge difference  :whoohoo!:

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Metropolis! Welcome! I just got my first MP-1 a few months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. You will find ALOT of useful info in here (I know I sure did) and some extremely knowledgeable people. rnolan :bow: has helped me a lot and my rig has never sounded better! :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Metropolis

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Definitely going to run in stereo
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Metropolis, cool, good news, stereo is best  :thumb-up: There's lots of chat in the MP1 patches area and a Kent Dalton library program (which is hard to find) for the plethora of patches Satch posted (which are .syp files not the usual .syx (sysex) files). My old ones (1992) you need to program manually as I can't find the dump I did of them anywhere  :facepalm: .
What version EPROM is your MP1 ? it will need to be v2.0 or better v2.01 to take advantage of the program and allow you you to store and load patches. Version is displayed on startup (or take the top off and read the sticker on the EPROM), mmm tops off, time for some new tubes ?? Check the tube section, lots of chat what works for different tastes and some good info on why (is a very subjective area though LOL).

Hey Soloist, that's fantastic my friend, so glad your rig is working so well, bit of a challenge with all the different gadgets you've got. You are up for the Gain Structure King award to match all those inputs and outputs LOL. And really glad the DCM200 worked out, seemed a perfect fit for MP1/2, brand new  >:D , 1RU and weight next to nothing, just right for RabidGerry IMHO. Also I wasn't aware of the rack Alesis MM8 (before yesterday  :thumb-up: ), I wish it had more sends but I'm contemplating changing out my old Yamaha AM802 (works well but a bit of a pain having it velcro'd to the bottom of the rack) for the MM8. In my patch it would mean loosing the (mono in) IPS33 smart shift (as MP2 has no headphone out so where to feed it from as currently Midiver4 in MP2 stereo loop and I'd put QV in MM8 loop, IPS33 fed from Aux 3 on desk) and I'd want to return it into a stereo channel so I can then send to QV. But you've got me thinking  :dunno:
Cheers R

Metropolis

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

I have version 2.01.   I dont think it has had any mods but I'm not sure.  I do have several questions that I will post in a new thread.  Currently I dont have a computer to download patches so manually inputing patches suits me fine.   
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

I'd encourage you to run up some patches from scratch, that's how I did my MP1 when I had it. And do/program them loud/live levels and then turn them down for bedroom... :thumb-up: Or borrow and tweak, but I'm for make your own tone from scratch  :whoohoo!:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I have version 2.01.   I dont think it has had any mods but I'm not sure.   

If you want you can always email me some pics so i can have a look if it has some mods or not.

Metropolis

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Thanks  Marshall JMP...I will do so tomorrow when I get home from work.  Thanks
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Pages: [1]   Go Up