ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Rack Development  (Read 12845 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Rack Development
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Hey Chip, a good start is read the MB1 v2 release notes, the MP2 manual re CC and the posts I did about them http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1563.0,
http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1549.0.  That should help (or send you mad LoL) to get started as the concepts will be similar for other units.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Hi Richard,

I shall take a screen shot of how I have the test preset programmed and let you have a look.

But basically I feel like I have programmed this correctly.

I have it as follows:

PC1 – 1   All other PC’s are off because I only want one PC a time and in this instance I want PC1 to switch a patch on GX700 that
corresponds to patch number 1.

On                        Off               Off                            On
CC’s –    CC1 – Value1  127      Value2    0      CC2 – Value1    0      Value2    127

CC1   Corresponds to Module block on FX unit
CC2   Corresponds to Chorus block on FX unit

Global Options are as follows:
Non Repeat of PC messages - On  – this means hitting the same preset PC will not send it again and interrupt the sound, so I figured this is a better option to have on whilst I’m trying to also utilize the CC toggling, it means pressing the Preset 1 over and over is not actually going to send the PC1 value over and over, but the CC’s will get through.

On my FX unit I have latch mode on for all FX blocks
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Hi Mike and Richard, see attached

as far as I can see everything is perfect and yet it still does not do as it say's it should in the manual.

I give up now.  I spent all evening trying to get it sorted thinking there was something I missed and I haven't.  Toggling is enabled and that's all there is too it.  Even in the preferences it's enabled.

Thankfully I can get what I want programming one of the stomp boxes to send two CC's with different values with alternating presses.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MikeB

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Ok. This is a functionality that I had not previously thought about. I'm a bit excited now because it opens up quite a few possibilities. I will get this working on mine and then we'll look at yours.   The gmajor2 can do a boost on each patch. I'm going to set it up so that I can hit the button to switch to a patch, hit it again to boost and then hit it again to bring it back down.
Unfortunately, today is a gardening day, so I can't get straight into it.
I'll be back...
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

:lol: Yeah Mike see what I mean?  If I/we could get those cc's working using our preset/patch switches it makes for a neat and tidy little option built into a second press of the same preset/patch, and I personally think that would be nice little way to store a boost for solos

switch to change patch, then press again for boost/FX on, then press again to stay on same patch but turn boost/fx off.

As I say I can do that already using on of the stomp box switches but I'd love to utilize this extra functionality.

I don't seem to be able to get CC's to send properly from my patch switch.  The best I can get is a flicker on my GX700 as though it was going to turn fx on but then goes back to how it was.  And it's like every four presses I can achieve that flicker.

Hope you have more luck than me.  I have Uno 1.02 btw.

Watch out for those snakes and spiders you got over there man  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I wonder if your GX700 has a midi monitor function lke the MP2 has ? when you turn it on you get to see the midi messages in the display for trouble shooting.
There will be lots of eastern brown snakes around as they come out of hibernation and have babies, fortunately it's unusual for us to get funnel web spiders in Canberra which are the thing to watch out for when gardening, particularly further north.  Kangaroos and to some extent wombats are the problem at the moment.  It's been so dry that they are coming into town looking for green grass or going for the food on the side of the roads.  The roos are very unpredictable when you are driving and tend to jump in front of you from out of nowhere.  There are so many dead ones by the road, the crash repair people are the only ones to do well out of it  :facepalm:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I wonder if your GX700 has a midi monitor function lke the MP2 has ? when you turn it on you get to see the midi messages in the display for trouble shooting.
I don't think it does man.  I find it weird though that I have one of the stomp boxes programmed the exact same way and yet that works??? (stomp box in case you don't know is just a row of switches on the fcb1010 that are dedicated to turn things on and off and not switch patches)

There will be lots of eastern brown snakes around as they come out of hibernation and have babies, fortunately it's unusual for us to get funnel web spiders in Canberra which are the thing to watch out for when gardening, particularly further north.  Kangaroos and to some extent wombats are the problem at the moment.  It's been so dry that they are coming into town looking for green grass or going for the food on the side of the roads.  The roos are very unpredictable when you are driving and tend to jump in front of you from out of nowhere.  There are so many dead ones by the road, the crash repair people are the only ones to do well out of it  :facepalm:
  Yeah man Austrailia has a lot of interesting and seemingly dangerous wild life.  I see a lot of these on wildlife programmes.  I could not handle the spider thing.  Hate them.  Snakes are cool, but not if I could die from their bite  >:(

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I remember Mike telling me about the stop box switches, I assume they work similarly to the MXCs Quad switch.  The QS buttons can be set to momentary (work while you hold down the button) and Latched (toggle on off with each press).  This latching BTW is different from the latching I referred to earlier (lets call it midi latching) as in CC controls have to "midi latch" onto their target parameter and in some units they wont "midi latch" unless the parameter is on initially in the program (eg MB1)), this may be why you are getting different results  :dunno:
The wild life are scared of us so you just have to be sensible and not corner them or they will fight back (try to bight you/kick you, hey they're scared).  If they can run away they will.  Funnel web spiders are a bit different, they are aggressive, but again, only if you disturb them.  The eastern brown snakes around Canberra are the 2nd deadliest in the world, but if you got bitten (and it would be your own stupid fault (well mostly)), you are unlikely to die unless you don't follow basic snake bight first aid and/or are too far from help (anti venom).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

I'm wondering how Mike has gotten on with his  CC's?

Midi latching?  Jeeez I have not read anything about needing to do this.  Are you saying I might have to enable something on my GX700 then?  Or on the FCB1010?  I've combed through the Uno manual and cannot see what else might need to be programmed on the FCB to enable this CC ing from the preset switches.  It's sending something as I mentioned before, every forth press sometimes more, I see a lick flick on and off quickly on the GX700 as though it were turning an effect on and off.  But it's like a flash.  Holding the switch down also does not turn the effect on either so it's not momentary.

vansinn

« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Never flipped CC values, so no real help to offer.

Don't you have some gear with a MIDI debugger, like the MP2 has it's MIDI monitor?
You need to see what's going on on that MIDI link when flipping the CC's..

MikeB

« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

I'm wondering how Mike has gotten on with his  CC's?
Nothing yet. I've been focused on learning a couple of new songs. I'll have a look tonight.

(stomp box in case you don't know is just a row of switches on the fcb1010 that are dedicated to turn things on and off and not switch patches)
When the fcb is in stomp-box mode,  it doesn't actually alter the functionality of the buttons. You can still send a program change from a stomp-box button. The difference is that the led on the button stays on so you can see which stomp-box is currently active.  But that doesn't change the problem you are having. I will have a go tonight. Promise!
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

When the fcb is in stomp-box mode,  it doesn't actually alter the functionality of the buttons. You can still send a program change from a stomp-box button.
Oh I know man, but that is even more reason for the non stomp box switches to send CC's and behave the way the stomp box switch does if it's programmed the same way.

MikeB

« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Ok then.  My fcb is not in stomp mode.  I tried that once and didn't really use it much.  When I did it was too much like tap dancing and kind of defeated the whole rationale for using midi (in my opinion), so I went back to using the fcb pretty much as it was stock.  However, what I didn't count on was this toggling thing that I can now incorporate into my existing patch structure to make simple changes to an existing patch.  Previously I have talked about using this functionality for boosting a patch. 
The GMajor2 has a preset boost function that I can assign a CC value to, in this case "1".  On the fcb for my main rhythm patch I have set up the toggling to send cc1 as 0 and then 127.  This means that when I first select the patch, the boost is off.  If I press it again, the boost comes on. 
In the picture below, you will see that the first cc is value "80".  This is the tap tempo on the gmajor.  I left it in there but have since realised that it is going to cause chaos.  I don't really tap tempo on that patch anyway, so I'll remove that. 

TL;DR - It works!!

I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

And so now we have to figure out why yours is not working.  I'll have a think and come back with some ideas.
I don't feel tardy!

MikeB

« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

First step would be to run the editor in simulation mode.  If you turn on midi monitoring, you will be able to see whether your fcb is sending what you think it should be sending.  Have a look on page 27 of the editor manual to find out how to do that.

If the fcb is sending what you are expecting then the problem lies in the destination device.
I don't feel tardy!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up