ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: why keep the mp-1 after the mp_2  (Read 4610 times)

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
why keep the mp-1 after the mp_2
« on: Time Format »

Hello I have  a issue I have 2 mp-2 s that work great 1 was a great deal and that's a backup but question is.. Do I keep the mp-1 for sentimental reasons or let it go as I have grown way fonder of the mp-2 sounds or should I build a mp-1 rig that I will never use. I also have the mc-1 for it that sits, lol need gear advice thanks steve

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: why keep the mp-1 after the mp_2
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, well I'd keep the MP-1, only reason I sold mine way back when was so I could afford the MP-2.  I've since bought a couple of MP1s, and, while I love the MP2, the MP1 sounds quite different and I'm starting to think about using one again for some things.  I need to get a MP1 Classic as it's the only one I don't have, so now I have 4 MP2s, 2 MP1s and 2 MB1s (I see a pattern emerging here LoL and I'm not alone, lots of us like to collect  :facepalm: ).GAS it's called, Gear Acquisition Syndrome, we have a thread/topic or 2 devoted to the issue/desire/hobby.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MikeB

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

So,  the warning here is: if you don't want to end up like Richard, you should sell the mp1.  ;D

But seriously, only you can feel the sentimentality that you have for the mp1. Asking other people isn't really about taking their advice, but is more about clarifying your own thoughts. Try tossing (flipping ) a coin. Heads you keep, tails you sell. Once it's in the air think about whether you want it to be heads or tails. Once it lands, are you happy with the result or disappointed?  :dunno:

If you decide to sell, I'm sure you'll find a loving home for it. BTW, do you live in Australia?

Mike
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I use both on my rack with a switcher. A MP-1 3TM ultra+ for all my distortion sounds and the MP-2 for all my clean and low gain sounds. Best of both worlds. :headbanger:

bunkyloo

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well yeah everyone has a good point I guess I should keep it around I did have a couple ideas for it. I do have a lot of ADA stuff to show and tell these days when I finally figure the rig I will tell and send pics of the rigs. thanks guys Steve

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, a trick you may want to explore since now you have both units, you can use the MP2 loop returns and cab sim outs to record with the MP1, so MP1 A/B > MP2 loop returns > MP2 cab sim outs > recording inputs.  I tested this a while ago, works a treat  :thumb-up: .  Unless of course you have a cab sim already.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

bunkyloo

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Well that's something ive never thought of but definitely doable thanks for the idea

vansinn

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Well, they're different beasts. Hook them up to an audio router, so you can switch between them and also stack them up in parallel  :bow:

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Well, I have my Classic in my main rig and my MP-2 in a rig I never use...but I sure like having the MP-2 around. Of course, it's always a toss up between the rack gear and the Viper combo as to which I'll bring to the gig.

Good to have options, better to have one you don't need than to need one you don't have.

Samuraipanda

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I run both in a w/d/w setup with both a MP1 and MP2. I use the MP2 for the center channel dry and the MP1 in 4cm with my Boss GT-10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBKpsDvmSmIurl

« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

bunkyloo

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

All good points and ideas

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Personally I almost regret selling any piece of gear I sold in the past.
Usually you're ok for a few years and then some project comes along and you end up saying: Jesus!! If only I had that thing still!!  :facepalm:
EMGs suck my energies.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Personally I almost regret selling any piece of gear I sold in the past.
Usually you're ok for a few years and then some project comes along and you end up saying: Jesus!! If only I had that thing still!!  :facepalm:

:lol:
For me, it's usually only a matter of weeks before I realize that I should've kept _____ .  That goes for everything and not just music gear.  Tools, car parts, books/manuals, beer/wine, etc....

Aside from that, I currently don't have any nagging regret about not having an MP-1 since moving on to the MP-2.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

bunkyloo

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Truthfully since I posted this I have picked up another mp-1 because it was version 2 and extremely cheap MJMP shipped me some replacement jacks for it already only paid $100 usd.
So  What Kim says is true lol I guess I was just fishing for some optional ideas and I saw quite a few.
Pages: [1]   Go Up