ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Front panel don´t work  (Read 4965 times)

kserri

Front panel don´t work
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys I´m experiencing a problem with my MP1, when turn on, front panel don´t work, don´t change programs, do not edit etc, when turn on with EDIT button pressed, I can access all functions, change parameters and save it, but after saving, front panel do not work again, programs dont change, no access on any function and dont change programs also when using foot control, someone knows whats happening?  :-[ :-[ :-[

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Front panel don´t work
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey kserri, a little perplexing, not one I've come across before. Did this just start or always been this way ?  Does the display work (show program number etc, I assume it does as you can use it in Edit mode, just not Play mode). Seems it may be a technical issue (dead memory battery ??), MJMP and others here may have some ideas. And will no doubt chime in to help. It could be a problem with the patch memory storage ? Which needs a working battery.
Meantime, read the manual thoroughly, particularly trouble shooting but there may be a setting amiss ? Check the System settings carefully (if you can access them from Edit mode). Also does it make any difference if the foot control is connected or not ? And once you edit and save a program, does it continue to work (albeit just with that program)? and if it does work with the one patch, is it available again after power off/on or back to square 1 ?
Cheers Richard

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

kserri

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hi Richard, tks for the post, so, this starts a month ago, never happened before. The display is working, as I told, when I turn on the unit with the edit button pressed, I can access all the functions including the store function but, after stored, front panel don´t work anymore. I changed the battery already and the problem was not solved. And I think low battery disable storage function and not the panel functionality right? When  FC is connected the problem persist.  When I edit and save, I can play normaly and When restart this program still available with previous changes!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

This is more MJMP territory than mine, hopefully he'll see the post soon and have some ideas (he's not usually far away LOL). Or one of the other members with more tech skills. My "guess" is it isn't engaging play mode for some reason. Hang in there, help will come soon.
Cheers R

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Well this is a really strange fault,i've seen a lot of faults with the mp-1 but this new to me.
If start just start up,no edit button pushed,do you have sound?does it work?if you hook up a midi pedal,can you change presets?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, me too BTW. It seems from what he's posted so far is that:
Power up goes to last program (after turned off) and works (normal behavior) but no human input posible from either front panel or footswirch. Only input possible is edit mode, then all works as it should (from edit perspective), change sound etc. turn off, and then on it remembers last patch and starts there, just can't change patch (front panel or pedal), seems like it isn't going back into play mode ??? my guess.
Pages: [1]   Go Up