ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Let's see your pedalboards!  (Read 26481 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Let's see your pedalboards!
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

Pfew, I thought I was alone in this  :facepalm: ;D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

:wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Thanks R, that made my day  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

My pleasure my friend  :wave: ,
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chucky

• Long Live JURRRRIIIIIIE!!!!
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Well... I always struggled with pedalboards.
Mostly I was like Marshall for a long time.
One MIDI switcher (MPC-1) and a wah next to it.

But playing increasingly different gigs with different bands started making me add stuff
to become more versatile tone wise.
I never still to this day have an actual pedalboard.

One of the reasons is that either I have not enough stuff and the other
is that it changes too often.
So I cannot decide on a said pedalboard and build it.
Although I once tried and ordered a custom made aluminium box to house
my dreamland PB after making plans and measuring pedal sizes so I could house them all...
...Well...At least the ones that I would want onboard.
When the box showed up I realized it would be hell to transport it and fit in cars.
It has been used as a double guitar case for plane travel ever since!!  :facepalm:

When I go abroad (Like Morocco), my no-pedalboard set-up looks like this:

While back home it looks like this:
(Usually I have an Digitech XP100 whammy in there too)

EMGs suck my energies.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

I am SO wanting a G-system...saving gig money

UPDATE: And, just like that, a guy is selling a G-system on Craigslist. He is willing to take a tube combo amp + cash! I am IN. WAY. IN.

I got the Gee. It took a week, but I finally have the Wah working and a basic bank of patches. WHOO HOO! I have two gigs this weekend (Friday and Saturday) to try them out. I'm using my MP-1 Classic as the preamp for all the patches, locked on. I have my trusty TS-9 in one loop, and the Tech 21 Flyrig RK5 in another loop. I have two more loops to use and I have plans for one already. The Synth9 pedal (muhuahahaha)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

Wait ten minutes, it'll change. I still have the Gee system and love it, but don't love carrying it around. Enter the Boss MS3...and a much smaller pedal board. I'm using the Wah because it has three wahs inside; Classic way, Jimi wah, and Morley wah. It also has a very nice Roto vibe. The expression pedal is for pitch bends, whammy effects and volume.

I'm running it with my Carvin V3m Mini head and a 1x12 cab. The MS3 switches channels in the amp for me. I have 4 patches per guitar and 4 effects that I can trigger on/off in each patch. That gives me a ton of flexibility.

Hanneman213

« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

Updated
ESP Standart V>ADA MP2>TC G Major2>ADA Ampulator>Rocktron Velocity>Mesa Rectifier1x12

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

Change is good!

The pedal board is relatively the same, the amp is different. I still have the Carvin, now matched with a sweet carpet-covered half-stack 2x12 slant cab  :thumb-up:

Been using my Peavey Classic 20w head with it's matching 1x12 cab. The cabinet is big enough to be a 2x12, which gives it a big sound, and it's pretty light (one speaker). The speaker is 16 ohms, so the amp really shines at a mere 5w and snarls at 20w. I have plenty of headroom for the stage, we mic the amp for bigger shows/rooms. The last pic has a beer bottle to show you how small this amp really is. 20w of FURY haha.

The pedalboard; The silver box on the left is for switching banks up/down. I really only use one bank (four patches). Again, I can switch up to four different FX in/out of each patch, so I have a lot of options available. The Mojomojo pedal is my 'classic rock' sound, which is a loop on the Boss MS3. The amp does NOT do classic rock, even though it's a Peavey Classic. It sounds HEAVY and it snarls like a Fender twin that's pissed off, which I like.

Side note - I had a Fender Blues DeVille that I typically played with the volume at 1.5, and would kill birds flying by at 3 or 4. It sounded great at 6, but it didn't make any friends onstage.

Anywhays, the Boss MS3 switches channels in the amp, but will not work on the ADA Viper. If it did, I'd be using that for sure. I gotta say though, I am diggin the EL84s in the Peavey. I've always been a 6l6 fan, but these sound kinda 'spongy' and they 'bloom' with gain. I like the feel of it, and find myself making funk faces during solos (like something smells really bad in the room).

FWIW: I was sold on a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 36, possibly and 18. Then, I did some research. Here's what made my mind up to try the Peavey - I am extremely pleased with my decision, this thing's the shiznit  :poop: The Peavey review starts around 30:30

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up