ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MT100 Trimpots?  (Read 5225 times)

Dna^Yay

ADA MT100 Trimpots?
« on: Time Format »

So opened up my newly purchased MT100, going to change the tubes inside from a National 12AX7A/ECC83 Made In China and Electro Harmonix 12AX7EH to probably some Mullards that I already have in my MP-1. Noticed there was 2 trimpots on the board, I have downloaded the manual and obviously there is no information on the trimpots.

Wanted to see what they did before I tamper with them and what are your guys experiences with the amp, any issues, recommended improvements etc?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: ADA MT100 Trimpots?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Those trimpots are bias pots for the mosfets, best to leave them like they are, don't start messing with these unless you have a problem and you know what you're doing.
See attached pdf for more info.

Dna^Yay

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Ok I wont touch them.

Also quick question, am I right in thinking I can run my MP1 in stereo through this providing each cab I am sending it too is between 4-16ohms? Current 2x12 I have is a Laney IRT which is 8ohms, so using the mono bridged at the moment but I need to test output B to see if the amp is working correctly. It says 4 ohms minimum, so as long as I am not putting it into a 2ohm cab it should be ok?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Normally if it works in bridge mode it will work in stereo.In bridge mode you also use the A and B amps.
Yep 4 is the minimum.
Pages: [1]   Go Up