ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: A tail of 3 guitars  (Read 16064 times)

DorsetRatt

Re: A tail of 3 guitars
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

After some consideration ... it's not worth the effort, it's like a Faceb**k social media drama.

Apologies if I irritated your pineal gland :lol:
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

I pm'd you about this BTW to trying to clear this up.  You either didn't/haven't read it or still don't understand.

I think now you are trying to be funny and failing.

Honestly making a big deal out of the fact I said "types" as opposed to "snobs" is trivial, most people I'm sure got what I meant.  I'm really very sorry you thought "types" referred to you.  How inconsiderate of me to post such a casually thought out message  :o

Also who the hell posts on here thinking about what new potential members might think of their statements?  I certainly do not.
I'm not typing this right now worried that some guy thinking about joining is goin to get put off because I have an opinion?  What's that all about?

After some consideration ... it's not worth the effort, it's like a Faceb**k social media drama.

Apologies if I irritated your pineal gland :lol:

I felt it was worth it to justify myself and defend myself against someone clearly trying to make an example of me.

@Richard
I'm sorry mate I've tarnished your post a bit.  Apologies.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Well I had no idea it would stir the pot that much LoL But hey I don't mind, I'm Australian, we like to do that (though obviously that wasn't my intention). What I don't want is bad blood between our members  :nono: :wave: . I haven't come across too much guitar snobbery (over 45 years), but I probably wouldn't give a shit, I tend to know more about guitars than they do, its always been about doing the best you can with the least $s, well for me. But along the way I became better informed and built and repaired guitars, and you never stop learning.  There are a bunch of price points for commercial instruments, and these days we are spoiled for choice. A big turning point for me was when I first played the Anderson ProAm, I was building guitars back then (wrecks you hands unfortunately  :facepalm: ), I thought maybe I could build a guitar as good as this, but not better.  Fortuitously I ended up buying it (now we are joined at the hip), took me a few years to pay it off.... What I was trying to say in previous post was there are some seriously good guitars around which "are" better than cheap an cheer fulls done up, they are also better than $2000 guitars, I've been fortunate enough to have 2, but you know what, I love my Jap Silhouette Tele, and my $99 Jap Anson strat. And hey this is not to pay out the $2000 guitars, there are many nice instruments around this price point (typically with quite good hardware/wood  :thumb-up: ). One thing I would say though is guitars are "very" personal.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up