ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOME TO THE ADA DEPOT - START HERE  (Read 23442 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

We were hammered by spambots early on, so I had increased the security measures a bit. You now have to enter a secret code for your first five posts, but that will disappear after the forum 'trusts' you as a real person and not a robot. We do apologize for the inconvenience.

===============================
TIP FOR ATTACHING PIX: Please try to keep your attached images 800 pixels (wide or tall) on the longest edge to make it easier to view in-line. Some technical photos (very close range, high resolution) may not conform to this constraint.

DONATIONS
Donations are gladly accepted, and greatly appreciated. I have been footing the bill to host this site, others have paid for domain registration etc. I set up this PayPal account to cover our expenses. You will be sending donations to my freelance graphic design business, which pays for the hosting.

I have the PayPal account separate from my design business money - Thanks in advance!

TIP FOR EMBEDDING YOUTUBE VIDEOS
Simply go to the video on YouTube that you want to share (by clicking on the 'View on YouTube link in the lower right corner of the video you're watching)

Then, copy the URL (the web address in the address bar at the top of your web browser) - that's the link we need.

Come back here to the Depot and simply use the tag [youtube] before your link and close the link by using the same tag, by by adding a / before the word youtube. Like this, without all the spaces: [ / y o u t u b e ] You must include the square brackets around your tags.

SEE THE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS POST FOR CLARIFICATION

Take care, enjoy the forum

:banana-dance:
Dante
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

Zettx

• Never look back and have a nice day ..
Re: THIS IS ONLY TEMPORARY
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hi Dante,
This is a great forum, nice set up, thumbs up  :thumb-up:

Testy

• I'm a running ballsack!!!
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Okay, you will have to enter the verification code for your first FIVE posts, after that, it's off.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I had to take these steps to keep out the spambots. Enjoy the forum!!!
If you see Testy runnin around here, it's just Dante testing things out (thumbs-up)

Rodney_g

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Dante,

Thanks so much for getting this forum back up and running!  :banana:
Kemper > Peavey Classic Series 5050 Power Amp > ADA SplitStack (WGS Vet30s on top, WGS ET-65s on bottom)

Ibanez RG

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I'm very happy to see ADA forum back again, i hope it will stay 4ever :) :)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento

Zettx, Rodney_g, Ibanez RG, and everyone in here lurking  :amaze:

It's my absolute pleasure to have this forum back. You are all more than welcome, I assure you!!

I am seeing some member names I remember from the old Depot. I am very encouraged by that. :banana-guitar: We are also starting to really pick up a lot of new members.... :whoohoo!:

spleasant50

Re: WELCOME TO THE ADA DEPOT - START HERE
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Help..........I have an MP1, I have what sounds like my tremolo on the slowest speed all the time. It is unusable live. Is there anyone who knows this problem or who could fix it.          Steve

Sorry if my question is out of place, I am new and not sure where to post the right place.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, this is probably better in the MP1 section but not to matter, we don't get to excited when people hijack various post  :wave: . So I'll move it there for you as more members will see it.
Cheers Richard
Help..........I have an MP1, I have what sounds like my tremolo on the slowest speed all the time. It is unusable live. Is there anyone who knows this problem or who could fix it.          Steve

Sorry if my question is out of place, I am new and not sure where to post the right place.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Have a look in original MP1 (MP1 problems, new member)

spleasant50

Ok I was talking to Robb Hell and trying to get some repair help but I seem to have lost him. He was going to give me a web site for the update chip for an original MP-1. He said the chip was very inexpensive. Basically, my MP-1 sounds like I have the tremolo on the slowest speed all the time. I really messes up everything of course. My MP-1 is the heart of my rig and I can play at all without getting it fixed. I wonder if there are other chips or ic's that need replacing. I really need help ASAP.           
                                                                 Steve

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Did he say what chip?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

MJMP, The posts with Rob are in this one where I moved this to (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=641.0), and Rob said he needed the 2.01 EPROM

Steve, the EPROM is available here (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm). There are other ICs that can replaced but generally only if you need to.  One member changed out all his oppamps and a bunch of stuff, but that was a big job with lots of research, the post is in the MP1 section IIRC. The v2.01 EPROM is the last firmware version created for the MP1 and is very easy to change.

Explorer84

• Astronaut and famous Hollywood stunt squirrel
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Thanks Dante, so great to see the forum back up and running  :homer:

Brettzky

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

:ada-big: :ada-big: :ada-big:Hey everyone. I'm new. Don't know what to do! I'm new! I'm in Bakersfield California about 150 miles from ADA and was in a band that was endorsed by ADA in 1992-?. Sold most of my gear over the years but recently gone through my old rack rig and put one back together. Still had T-100s with handful of hours (only used for recording). I have acquired in the past two years an original MP-1, MP-2 and cabinet emulater which I just did the headphone mod from MJMP (who helped me with my project). Called for 51 ohms resistors and I accidentally put 51k ohms. It didn't work...lol.
  MJMP saw from my pics I sent him I used the wrong ones which I didn't catch. Now I'm rockin with headphones with 47 ohms.! Thanks MJMP!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey Brettzky, welcome to the depot and greetings from Australia  :wave: .  So as you can see, the forum is divided into various areas (mostly technical but not all).  Lots of stuff to read and various opinions, also some good help and advice from our members for ADA users as we try to keep these units in good working order (While they are getting a bit old they seem to keep on keeping on). Have a browse through the various topics and threads, maybe post some pics of your rack (Rig Pics) and guitars (Axe Pics) for us all to drool over LoL. You can start topics in the relevant areas and ask questions or give advice or your experience.  This is a nice community dedicated to all things ADA where you can help others or get some help should you need it.

Cheers R
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up