ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: parametric eq  (Read 40932 times)

Metropolis

Re: parametric eq
« Reply #60 on: Time Format »

Thanks for the reply...I definatley will only use it in the loop.
Custom Built Ibanez RG (2)
ADA MP1
Rane SP15 5 Band Parametric EQ
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Custom Built 2x12 Mesa Clone Cab V 30

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #61 on: Time Format »

:thumb-up: hope you win the bid !!
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Metropolis

« Reply #62 on: Time Format »

Well I won the the auction on the Rane SP15.   68.00 total delivered to my door.  Should recieve it buy the end of the week.   :banana-trip:
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #63 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: Looks like a  nice eq  :thumb-up: enjoy my friend... :thumb-up:

Micky

« Reply #64 on: Time Format »

http://www.amazon.com/ARTEC-SE-PEQ-Parametric-True-Bypass/dp/B00488W2NS

cheap, one band, seems to have Q control.
Any feedback on this?
Kramer Paul Dean
ADA MP-1
Lexicon LXP-1
Alesis Midiverb IV
Peavey Classic 50/50
Engl 2x12

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #65 on: Time Format »

Hey Metro, well only one band, careful what you mean by "Q", as in other posts, I knew Q as centre frequency back in the old days when I did audio engineering degree, as MJMP points out, that's not what it means these days. IIRC he said it means quality, and also the resonant frequency of a speaker. This (link) doesn't mention Q so what do you mean by it ?

Looks pretty cheap and cheerful to me, if you just want to boost one area of the sound (it doesn't appear to have cut (so to me isn't even a 1 band parametric)).
Interesting the spelling (Dial in percise EQ settings) and you get to dial in 1 setting only (at a time).

I've not heard one, but the Rane you have coming should be good.

Metropolis

« Reply #66 on: Time Format »

Hi rnolan...my Rane Sp15 is at the post office and I will be getting it later today.   I'm not sure what the previous poster was refering to but the Sp15 is in fact a single CHANNEL 5 band para with Freq, bandwidth (Q), and gain for each of the 5  overlapping bands.  I will post results and pics of the complete rack tomorrow afternoon.
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

Micky

« Reply #67 on: Time Format »

Hi Rnolan,

I think you were referring to the link i posted.
The Atrec pedal seems to me a good solution for the bass weakness of MP-1, but have no feedback on the quality sound.
If you look at the photo is visible a "width" knob which should be the Q control.

M
Kramer Paul Dean
ADA MP-1
Lexicon LXP-1
Alesis Midiverb IV
Peavey Classic 50/50
Engl 2x12

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #68 on: Time Format »

Hey Micky, doh  :facepalm: my bad sorry. It looks like a reasonable option to add some bass boost and very tunable to where you'd want it (assuming it has full range freq sweep, my guess it does). You could run it in MP1 loop to add a bit of 80 Hz (bottom E = 82Hz (ish) when tuning A = 440 Hz, Europe used to be A = 445 Hz, not sure if it still is ??).

Ok so we are on the same page now re Q = Bandwidth and I'll go with the times and shutup about the old days LOL.

@Metro, cool, hope it's all good  :thumb-up: . Parametric's are very useful and very tweak-able. I'd suggest starting with the centre frequencies of the 5 band boogie graphic as they are set for guitar. IIRC SC posted them a little while ago.

Metropolis

« Reply #69 on: Time Format »

I recieved my Rane Sp15 and placed it in the MP1 loop.   Readjusted the gain levels for unity, adjusted the parameters og each band using my ears and not any given protocol and  Wow!!!   Really opens up the breath of my tone dramatically.  I've sampled  5 crunch and 5 clean patches with the same settings on the Rane and am very satisfied.  Now I've got to experiment with the endless possibilities. :banana-guitar:  I have not yet dialed up a Mesa freq setting yet,  kinda saving that for later today.   Heres a pic of the rack.  MosValve not included cause it's own rack box.  I LOVE my MP1 rig.  Thanks to everyone here for their input, knowledge and inspiration.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Metropolis »
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #70 on: Time Format »

Hey Metro, happy to help, enjoy  >:D :thumb-up: :whoohoo!: BTW rack pic is upside down  :facepalm: . I suspect the Mesa settings will take you on yet another journey LOL. After 44 years I've "kind of settled" on my sound(s), but the new guitar is taking me places I haven't been (or been for a while) before. It never stops but you have to slow it down so it's usable (a bit esoteric but hope you get what I mean).

Metropolis

« Reply #71 on: Time Format »

Thanks. ..I tried 4 times to get that pic up-side- right.  Its  right on my phone.  If you click on the pic in my post, it comes in the right way.  Not sure what to do?
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #72 on: Time Format »

Hey Metro, don't sweat it LOL, it seems an iPhone thing ?? is that's what your using ? You could use a pc ? Connecting your phone to the internet is dangerous BTW (but I'm an ICT Security consultant, so I very rarely connect mine, just for OS updates and I don't download apps, 900% increase in malware in Google Apps last year...)

El Chiguete

« Reply #73 on: Time Format »

Can you please post your comments and settings and describe what the idea is behind those settings (Mesa, etc,...). Next week I get a Rane too and it will be a good starting point on my quest for new tones :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Metropolis

« Reply #74 on: Time Format »

El Chiguete...i am at work right now so I cant give you settings until tomorrow.   I can however tell you that it will not be easy to give you accurate values  of frequency because the unit is analog and does not have a digital display.  It has rotory pots.  The knob points to a scale of frequencys that are printed on the face plate of the unit.  A very small rotation of the freq knob can make quite a difference.  So for example if I have a knob set at exactly 400hz on the dail, then yes I can tell you that its at 400 hz.  If the knob is set slightly above 400hz,  I really dont know the exact value now because there is not a printed value on the face plate at that particular spot.  The next printed spot  might read 500hz so I would assume the value to be between 400hz and 500 hz proportionally.  The 5th freq band, I believe,  covers a much greater range, I think its luke 6k -20k, so the dail position cannot clearly spell out exactly what freq your manipulating.  I can give you position of the knobs as hands of clock.  Anyway I really love the unit and I hope yours suits your needs as well.
ADA MP1
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up