Let's Get Technical > Routing & Patching

MP-1 > fx processer > combo/head

(1/4) > >>

Kim:
Assuming the FX unit can use one Input and be Mono.  Of course, you could also have TWO guitar amps to make your rig Stereo.....

Luke Gibson:
Kim, Excellent diagram, thank you for posting!!   

Can you go a little deeper with adding in a Stereo Line Mixer to run effects in parallel with the MP-1? I believe it's referred to as Wet/Dry.......  I’m adding a Mark L Dual Stereo Line Mixer and a Lexicon MPX-1 to my rig.  It’s really an upgrade, I’m going from an old Black Face Intellifex and ART SplitMix4 (Passive) to incorporating a powered mixer to be able to add more effects units down the road.

I have a pretty simple set up:

Firman PL8 Plus
ADA MP-1
Lexicon MPX-1
Mark L’s Dual Stereo Line Mixer
BBE Sonic Maximizer (In Loop)
VHT 2/50/2 Power Amp

Thanks again!!
Luke

Luke Gibson:
Btw, I’m using both A & B outputs from the MP-1 to the SplitMix4 (not sure that’s absolutely necessary....)

I’m curious if I can use 1 output from the MP-1, split it in the Stereo Line Mixer and send one to the Power Amp and the other to the Lexicon MPX-1. It my make the MP-1 Chorus not work.....

rnolan:
Hey Luke, you'll get what you are chasing with the SplitMix, the Mark L’s Dual Stereo Line Mixer (is really not designed to do what you want) it will only give you 1 or 2 (sort of) stereo FX sends (using the duplicate Mix1 outs to Fx L/R and you then will need to connect short jacks from the other pair of Mix1 outs to mix 2 in to here the MP1 as you will have to return the Fx L/R outs to mix 2 (not Mix1 or it will feed back), and when you plug anything into mix 2 it breaks the internal connection from mix1 > mix2). Alternatively you can use the ExtIn (you must have MP1 in Mix1 - 1 input) to feed the Fx L/R and then you can return Fx outs to Mix1 - ch 2 or 3 or 4 as the ExtIn is a duplicate of the signal at Mix1 - ch 1 in only (so wont feedback)

If you want to go with a line mixer, the Alesis or similar will suit you better, 8 inputs, 1 x stereo Fx send

With the spilitmix you can add more Fx.  All the SM inputs and outputs are stereo jacks so make some stereo jack to 2 x mono jacks (or buy insert leads).  This is the way MikeB ran his rig for a while.  The main reason he went back to chaining through his GMaj2 (4 CM style) was to pick up the GMaj2s CC (ie master volume control).  You loose a little level with the SM coz it's passive but it's easily compensated for with the level controls on the MP1 and Fx unit.I posted a fair bit about this setup before (IIRC when you bought yours as well ?), my main goal was to keep the signal path from MP1/2 to power amp all analogue (as most more recent Fx units digitise the input).

Luke Gibson:

--- Quote from: rnolan on July 02, 2018, 05:47:19 AM ---Hey Luke, you'll get what you are chasing with the SplitMix, the Mark L’s Dual Stereo Line Mixer (is really not designed to do what you want) it will only give you 1 or 2 (sort of) stereo FX sends (using the duplicate Mix1 outs to Fx L/R and you then will need to connect short jacks from the other pair of Mix1 outs to mix 2 in to here the MP1 as you will have to return the Fx L/R outs to mix 2 (not Mix1 or it will feed back), and when you plug anything into mix 2 it breaks the internal connection from mix1 > mix2). Alternatively you can use the ExtIn (you must have MP1 in Mix1 - 1 input) to feed the Fx L/R and then you can return Fx outs to Mix1 - ch 2 or 3 or 4 as the ExtIn is a duplicate of the signal at Mix1 - ch 1 in only (so wont feedback)

If you want to go with a line mixer, the Alesis or similar will suit you better, 8 inputs, 1 x stereo Fx send

With the spilitmix you can add more Fx.  All the SM inputs and outputs are stereo jacks so make some stereo jack to 2 x mono jacks (or buy insert leads).  This is the way MikeB ran his rig for a while.  The main reason he went back to chaining through his GMaj2 (4 CM style) was to pick up the GMaj2s CC (ie master volume control).  You loose a little level with the SM coz it's passive but it's easily compensated for with the level controls on the MP1 and Fx unit.I posted a fair bit about this setup before (IIRC when you bought yours as well ?), my main goal was to keep the signal path from MP1/2 to power amp all analogue (as most more recent Fx units digitise the input).

--- End quote ---

Dammit! I already bought the Mark L's  :facepalm:

Thank you for the reply!!!  The Mark L's sounds really complicated.....  The SplitMix4 has worked fine I just assumed the Mark L's would be a better solution for running Wet/Dry...  :-\

Question: With that in mind what is the Mark L's really designed to do or be used for?   I will be selling it most likely now....

Thanks again for all of  your help!  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version