ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237464 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #600 on: Time Format »

4 bands Metallica, Metal Chuch, Anthrax and Cyclone for 530 Belgian francs (12.9 euro), those were the days. A lot cheaper than now.

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #601 on: Time Format »

WOW Priest, Scorpions  :bow: :bow: :bow:

Blast from the past, saw them all early 80's, just like Accept, Maiden, Nugent. All in Amsterdam  :metal: :metal:
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

Rusty

« Reply #602 on: Time Format »

4 bands Metallica, Metal Chuch, Anthrax and Cyclone for 530 Belgian francs (12.9 euro), those were the days. A lot cheaper than now.

Nice one MJMP,

yea, when concerts were cheaper in price,

Here's a couple more for you I was at,

1, Thin Lizzy, 1983,      £6 GBP about  9 Euros.   :)
2, Monsters of Rock, Castle Donnington, 1988,       £16.50 GBP, about 20 Euros.  :)

Iron Maiden   (Plus Guests,  LOL,   ;D )
Kiss
David Lee Roth
Megadeth
Guns N 'Roses
Helloween

I have more old tickets!

:metal:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Rusty »

Rusty

« Reply #603 on: Time Format »

And one or two more,

First,

About 1997, I met John Entwhistle from the Who,  outside a bar in Manhatten, NYC called Tamps one night.

Got his autograph, the dollar I gave him was upside-down when he signed it.

Second,

The Stones, I have Always loved them guys, and in no better place to see them, Giants Stadium.  :)

:thumb-up:

Rusty

« Reply #604 on: Time Format »

More good concerts I went to,

:bow:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #605 on: Time Format »

That's pretty impressive Rusty.  My gig attending years has been sparse.  Largely due to band I like being old and were either not going, or never came to Ireland or else I didn't think the band were much good in their current modern format.  The last one I went to was Metal Church and they were fantastic and I'm truly aware that I probably missed many of their great years, but any band who can still perform to a similar level than they did back in the day is ok in my book.  Metal Church were fantastic.  Judas Priest (I'm a huge fan btw) should have quit when K.K Downing left.  Halford cannot sing anymore, at least not in the correct Key the songs were supposed to be in.  Had Brian Johnston not come back to ACDC i would also have said they need to call it a day but they managed to get him back and I know since Black Ice album came out he has had a mega return to form.  Saw Angle Witch (am a fan off) I guess more recently and Diamond head (not a fan off) but we played those shows also and it's not the same as going to a gig and not having to worry about anything.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

vansinn

« Reply #606 on: Time Format »

Geez, I never kept any tickets - not even parking ones.. ;)
But I do remember the Monsters of Rock show was only about some 400 dkk, for Georgia Satellites, QueensRyche, Metallica and AC/DC.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #607 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, too bad you were born 20 years too late. The 80's was a very good time for metal heads. Saw a lot of bands in their prime. Also gigs were cheaper,better and more fun. Also some good festivals like heavy sound in Belgium and dynamo open air in the Netherlands. If I remember correctly the first versions of dynamo were free, then you had pay a Gulden (0.5 euro) and it kept getting more expensive but still cheap to go. Saw some great bands there.Saw the 1986-1993 editions, then it became too big and I lost interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_Open_Air

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #608 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, too bad you were born 20 years too late. The 80's was a very good time for metal heads. Saw a lot of bands in their prime. Also gigs were cheaper,better and more fun. Also some good festivals like heavy sound in Belgium and dynamo open air in the Netherlands. If I remember correctly the first versions of dynamo were free, then you had pay a Gulden (0.5 euro) and it kept getting more expensive but still cheap to go. Saw some great bands there.Saw the 1986-1993 editions, then it became too big and I lost interest.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamo_Open_Air

Well I know what you mean, but being part of the heavy metal scene today I would say that I'm not the only one in that predicament.  The good thing is it lives on and true metal still has a big following and there are younger bands like my own band who still love it and believe in it.  It just will never be as big as it once was, but then lots of things are like that now.  There will probably never be any huge metal bands ever again, largely because bands do not make money from selling records any more.  It's from touring and merch.  Shame, but that is the era.  I'm still proud to be part of the modern scene today though.  We have kids a lot younger than us (early 20s) who come to our shows and love proper heavy metal.  They know and love all the old bands and the follow the younger current bands (of which there are a lot in different countries all over the world).  It's going to continue but on a grass roots level probably forever.

Ahh yes Dynamo.  When I was getting into metal it still existed so I remember Venom reforming for Dynamo 96, in fact I still have the VHS of the concert.  It came with a cd and booklet and had Venom interviews throughout.  Very rare and collectable and worth about £120 these days.  I also have an early Merciful Fate concert at Dynamo from like '83 on dvd (think it was indoors then???).  So I am familiar with that festival.  Too bad it's not the same today.  Even that year Venom reformed for it the rest of the bands were shit.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #609 on: Time Format »

When U.S bands do heavy metal and get it right it's this good!!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #610 on: Time Format »

Really liked that band although I never heard of them.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #611 on: Time Format »

They are excellent band MJMP.

Their second album is different, different singer and more speed orientated but still great.  I think they returned to this style later though when the original singer came back.  Great band check out what you can of theirs.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #612 on: Time Format »

Will do  :thumb-up:

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #613 on: Time Format »

As inspired by their mention in another recent post:   CIRITH UNGOL   :metal:

"Frost and Fire"  from  Frost and Fire (1981)

"Atom Smasher"  from  King of the Dead (1984)

"Chaos Descends"  from  One Foot in Hell  (1986)

"Join the Legion"  from  Paradise Lost  (1991)

"The Frost Monstreme"  from  Forever Black  (2020)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #614 on: Time Format »

The covers are amazing!

Gonna have to start playing the albums now as well.  I still aint checked the new abum.

Had to add I am listening to this today!

It's f**king bonkers!

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 45   Go Up