ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106373 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #90 on: Time Format »

I think 4 mono and one stereo if I recall correctly.

Yeah the 2290 has a sound of it's own.Same with the ADA digitizer, also has a sound of it's own.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #91 on: Time Format »

@ Chamai,

If you need help understanding the manual for the PCM, just start a topic for it, and I'll help with it as far as I can. I do have a decent understanding of their programming based on the LPX and MPX series processors, so I may be able to offer a little clarity on many things in the PCM series.Eventually, I may buy a PCM 80, since I've wanted to get into the PCM 70 for the longest time, and the 80 offers me the routing that I prefer.

@ Chamai and MJMP,

If the PCM needs repair, don't bother going to Lexicon. They don't support any of the older gear anymore because of the availability of parts. It's the same for the 2290 and the older Eventide gear like the H-3000's. The change in technology has made many of the parts used in these things obsolete. Related to this subject-Fender: I own two of the G-Dec Combo Amps from them which are great practice amps and also great for writing too, but no longer made. The G-Dec 3 series was by far the most advanced, but only made for less than two years! The parts used in these amps were no longer being made, so they had to drop them from their catalog.

@ Van Sinn,
   I totally agree with you that Petrucci sounded better with the Eventide, Lexicon, and TC Electronic gear, that equipment just sounds better than any of the modeling gear. But because of the change in technology, and the physical stress on the older gear by taking it on the road, combined with the unavailability of replacement parts, John had to look to something that is current and serviceable to take on the road with him, so the Fractal may be what gets him close to his sound.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Chamai

« Reply #92 on: Time Format »

Thank you. I am going to spend sometime programming these few days. Too busy with kids and work. Also trying to sell my g major to get some funds.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #93 on: Time Format »

I got my hands on a TC2290 service manual and there are a few obsolete parts in it but nothing that you can't buy NOS. So from my point of view still fixable.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #94 on: Time Format »

Yes, the 2290 is a great piece of equipment, but you should be able to get all the effects from the 2290  in the D-Two delay.

Chamai

« Reply #95 on: Time Format »

Yes, the 2290 is a great piece of equipment, but you should be able to get all the effects from the 2290  in the D-Two delay.

i dont doubt that. i am sure modern processor has way more processing power compared to back then. don't look 80's enough. my g major and my tuner bothers me because it looks too modern. haha
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #96 on: Time Format »

I got my hands on a TC2290 service manual and there are a few obsolete parts in it but nothing that you can't buy NOS. So from my point of view still fixable.

you think it's worth buying compared to the newer stuff? i have yet to find a delay that i really like.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #97 on: Time Format »

Well the D-two and the 2290 work way different and don't sound the same IMHO.The D-two has a DSP and the 2290 works the old fashion way with plain RAM memory.So sound is converted to digital and then pushed into RAM were it's delayed ,then back to analog.More or less the same way as analog delays with BBD chips, only here they use RAM memory.

BTW all the ADA digital delays work like this.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #98 on: Time Format »

Well the D-two and the 2290 work way different and don't sound the same IMHO.The D-two has a DSP and the 2290 works the old fashion way with plain RAM memory.So sound is converted to digital and then pushed into RAM were it's delayed ,then back to analog.More or less the same way as analog delays with BBD chips, only here they use RAM memory.

BTW all the ADA digital delays work like this.

Now, I didn't know that about the D-Two. I can understand why they wouldn't sound the same.

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #99 on: Time Format »

I had a D-Two last year for about 6 months. Didn't like it at all. On the good side it has multi tap delay, very nice. The chorus is usable, flanger is awful. You only get reverse, ping pong and dynamic delays. For the price your better off getting a g major2. You get all that plus a dual delay, comp, parametric eq, intelligent pitch shifter, noise gate and reverbs. A much better deal for the price.  :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #100 on: Time Format »

Check this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDeK2rzaiCg&t=186s

You can hear they sound different.

Chamai

« Reply #101 on: Time Format »

whats a good current production model delay that you guys recommend?

im just thinking about trading my g major for 2 yamaha spx 90s
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #102 on: Time Format »

SPX 90s were great in their day, I still have one I use for snare reverb.  But they are mono in stereo out and only do one effect at a time, except you can have a short pre-delay with reverbs... I've liking the delay and reverbs in the TC M One I have in my studio rack.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chip Roberts

• Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.
    • Chip Roberts Official
« Reply #103 on: Time Format »

SPX 90s were great in their day, I still have one I use for snare reverb.  But they are mono in stereo out and only do one effect at a time, except you can have a short pre-delay with reverbs... I've liking the delay and reverbs in the TC M One I have in my studio rack.

Plus they weigh a ton and can be tricky to match up the latency.
Rack of Death:
MP1 v2.01/Roland GP8/Boss NS50/ADA B200s

Pedalboard:
Boss TU2, Mooer Pitchbox, Boss BF2, Boss CE5, MXR EVH Phase 90, Behringer HB01 Wah/ART X15 Ultrafoot/

Cabinet:
Custom 2X12 with WGS Retro 30/HM75

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #104 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, this might be worth a look (https://www.rolandcorp.com.au/blog/the-roland-re-201-space-echo-story) scroll down BTW  :dunno: but it's a pedal.

Or (not current but awesome) http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ADA-S1000-One-Second-Digital-Delay-/141965165442
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23   Go Up