ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 3TM Patches  (Read 48601 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
3TM Patches
« on: Time Format »

Anyone got any 3TM patches they'd like to share fire them down here :)

I'd like to benefit from others who have this unit and a lot more experience with it than I do

Oh and if anyone has any brown channel 3TM patches that'd be cool too as I am trying to figure out what I'd use it for.

Cheers :amaze:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: 3TM Patches
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

OD1 OD2 master Bass mid treble presence
Rhythm          6.0   7.0      5.5     9    -2    -2        6           Dist tube
Solo               6.5   7.0      6.5     9     2     2         6           Dist tube
Rhythm          3.8   4.6      5.5     9     4     4         6           Clean tube  (aka brown channel)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Rhythm          6.0   7.0      5.5     9    -2    -2        6           Dist tube
Solo               6.5   7.0      6.5     9     2     2         6           Dist tube
Rhythm          3.8   4.6      5.5     9     4     4         6           Clean tube  (aka brown channel)

one mention of 3TM and your on the case like Columbo!!  :amaze:

Thanks MJMP I'm gonna try them tonight.  What the hell is the brown channel? As in how does it differ from the regular distortion channel?  I have asked before but you never said.  It just sounds like a dirty fuzzier distortion.  I like it but I dunno if I'd have a use for it hence the request for patches  :) 

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Like isaid Clean tube (aka brown channel).The clean tube on a 3TM isn't clean anymore but it will turn into a brown voicing.Yes it sounds more dirty,try it out,just change the voicing to clean tube.It's nice for those early 80's metal sounds.While the distion tube is more mid80's metal sounds.

Yeah i'm the Colombo of ADA,i find out what could be wrong  :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ok man, tried those patches.  They are cool.  and guess what?????????????????????????????????????

No noise, well there is but it's manageable.  Would you say these are heavy patches?  I actually preferred the Rhythm sound for lead also.

I haven't used the brown channel setting yet.  I like these patches for a lot of things I play.  Can't use it for all stuff that I play but I can for most things.

While we are at it.........got a thrash setting?  My own patches which I shall post I am not sure how to assess.  I just play everything with them.  But really dig your settings.

Over the weekend I will record each of your patches for you to analyse and see how they sound with my set up.  I'll throw in a couple of my own patches and you can evaluate :)

thanks columbo

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, can you send to me as well please, I'd like to hear, or put them in the 3TM audio clips for all to hear ? (if you make proper files (48k 24bit or better) you can wetransfer to me ?).
What do you want from a "thrash" setting ? I'm a bit of an old fart as you know and I'm not that across the many variations of what is "metal" these days. I do like your take on it BTW  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Trash metal is ,Slayer,exodus,agent steel,kreator,usually metal bands from the mid to late 80's,(no hair metal).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrash_metal

Queen stone cold crazy was actually the first trash metal song

Well i use these patches for all my stuff,ranging from accept to slayer.For AC/DC type of sounds i use the brown channel.
« Last Edit: Time Format by MarshallJMP »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, Can you email me a couple you like (or youtube links) pls, just trying to get a handle on what you like/want, I don't know any of those bands, hey I'm a dinasor  :facepalm:
I've found for AC/DC sounds you need to turn down the gain, and having your PU's out of phase (e.g. my JPLP) with vols pots at 3 (ish) MP2 Warm Vintage 5, middle PU position, works a treat  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Trash metal is ,Slayer,exodus,agent steel,kreator,usually metal bands from the mid to late 80's,(no hair metal).

Well i use these patches for all my stuff,ranging from accept to slayer.For AC/DC type of sounds i use the brown channel.

I can see what you mean about the Queen song but that comment is as outrageous as saying the Kinks "you really got me" was the first heavy metal riff  :amaze:.  I'm not going to get into a debate about that though as too may people have too much to say about it.  Venom, Motorhead I class as the main precursors of Thrash.  Despite lagging by 2 years compared to Venom, Accepts "fast as a shark" really nails the modern thrash style to come before many others.  Although the same year you had Artillery's demos and they were pure heavy thrash.  Been listening to Agent Steel last few weeks MJMP, great band.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry, can you send to me as well please, I'd like to hear, or put them in the 3TM audio clips for all to hear ? (if you make proper files (48k 24bit or better) you can wetransfer to me ?).
What do you want from a "thrash" setting ? I'm a bit of an old fart as you know and I'm not that across the many variations of what is "metal" these days. I do like your take on it BTW  :thumb-up:

do I have to send them to you then everytime I want to post audio?  Not familiar with the process.  I can't record in 48 just 44.1khz

Gonna do MJMP's patches first, then 2 of my own.

My own patches are:

Tube Dist Channel
OD1  OD2  MAS   B   M  T  P
4.8    10     7.5    6  -6  4  8

Brown Channel
OD1  OD2  MAS   B   M  T  P
   6    6.5     7.5    6  -6  4  8

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I can see what you mean about the Queen song but that comment is as outrageous as saying the Kinks "you really got me" was the first heavy metal riff  :amaze:.  I'm not going to get into a debate about that though as too may people have too much to say about it.  Venom, Motorhead I class as the main precursors of Thrash.  Despite lagging by 2 years compared to Venom, Accepts "fast as a shark" really nails the modern thrash style to come before many others.  Although the same year you had Artillery's demos and they were pure heavy thrash.  Been listening to Agent Steel last few weeks MJMP, great band.

Well for me "you really got me" was actually the first metal song.It inspired Vanhalen to do whay they do.Same for Queen,it inspired Metallica in a way.You have to admit it sounds "Metal".But like you say it's all open for debate.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Well for me "you really got me" was actually the first metal song.It inspired Vanhalen to do whay they do.Same for Queen,it inspired Metallica in a way.You have to admit it sounds "Metal".But like you say it's all open for debate.

I am not a Metallica fan but I know enough about them to know that it was Venom, Motorhead and NWOBHM that inspired them, definitely not Queen.  Lars Ulrich was so obsessed with Motorhead he followed them around on tour for months in 1981.  The fact they covered "Stone Cold Crazy"  is more due to the fact they liked that one song.  I will agree with you though that there is thrash stylistics in that song, stuff that would later become trademarks of that genre.  Doesn't make it thrash though, well not to me anyways, same way that Kinks song isn't a heavy metal song.  Good song though and good riff.  Slashing your speakers like the kinks did for more speaker break up and distortion!!  Now there is a way to go!!! ;)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey RG (do I have to send them to you then everytime I want to post audio?  Not familiar with the process.  I can't record in 48 just 44.1khz), no of course not just post them with within 10MB limit. As you know I'm not a fan of MP3 files, I just wanted to hear your tones with more clarity and withought the attack transients being destroyed (which unfortunately is what the MP3 codecs do).

So just listened to Queen (stone cold crazy), not their best song IMO (I prefer tie your mother down for example) but I think I kind of get what MJMP means. In which case, wouldn't DP highway star rate as thrash (in a way ??).

VH's version of you really got me just made the song palatable, I'd describe is as a "rocked up" version (like Bowie/Mick Ronson's version of friday on my mind (off pinups)). Best thing about VH's first album is it put guitar playing back on the map after years of boring disco (from a guitarists perspective, well mine anyway as I had to suffer through that period).

Interestingly, Steve Stevens did a version of the Sweet's "Action" on atomic playboy, but they thought they were doing a Queen tribute, good version BTW.

BTW Blackmore apparently used to kick holes in his speakers to get more speaker break up, thank god for MP1/2 so we don't need to do that shit to get a decent sound.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Yeah I know what MJMP is saying as well.  I did agree on the elements that relate to thrash.  I just wouldn't say it was thrash.  I hear some classical music that sounds like heavy metal, but it still classical if you get me.  And I should say that the other way around since classical existed first.

Also Steve Stevens is a god!!  Love his playing in Billy Idol.

Also the best version of The Sweets Hellraiser/Action can be found here.  I'm biased of course being I'm a massive fan of Raven!!!  This version blows my balls off!!  I love the original as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIkeHK8nwss

I'll send you the clips first Richard.  Haven't recorded them yet, I never know what to play in these clips lol

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Ok here is when clip of me "noodling".  Some good some bad lol  don't judge me  ;)

It'S mjmp solo 3tm patch.  Into the boss GT5 loop.  Nothing on other than a bit of subtle room reverb.  Excuse any messy playing.  I have some clips of the rhythm patch to come.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up