ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Level on Main Outputs  (Read 3293 times)

Lord_Tennisball

Level on Main Outputs
« on: Time Format »

ADA Depot, Just picked up my very first ADA MP-1. Looking forward to getting started but, before I dive in, I have a question.

I see no instrument/line level switch for the main outs on the top panel. Is there a jumper on the PCB? If there's only one output level what is it?

The startup screen states that the unit is running on v2.01.

Thank you!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Level on Main Outputs
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Lord_Tennisball, congrats and enjoy  :thumb-up: the early MP1s' had the switch from inst/line on top.  Later units didn't have it (seems you have a later unit), they are line level out and version 2.01 was the last firmware release (I'm aware of).
So apart from various mods (MDRT (very good idea), 3TM (depends how much gain you want), noise mods (again depends how much gain you want, i.e. more gain more noise)), you seem to have one of the latest MP1's made.  (could probably use new tubes though  ;) depending on use..)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Lord_Tennisball

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Much obliged, rnolan!

I will definitely look into those mods and undoubtedly upgrade the tubes.

Thank you for the info.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No worries, MJMPs site is a good place to start for noise mods (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/index.htm), quite a few posts here re tubes (high gain low noise 12AX7s), my fav are the Mullard long plates, haven't tried the short plates yet but they will be next.  JJs work well in MP1 (I used Boogie SPAs (rebaged tested JJs normally) in my MP1), but Tung SOL are good.. lots to pick from, they are all a bit different.
Apart from tubes (which will sound a bit like new strings on your guitar  >:D ), the MDRT (while not cheap) is a good upgrade for MP1.
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up