ADA Power Amps > Microtube 200 MT-200

Microtube 100 Blowing fuses

(1/3) > >>

kissfan113:
I just picked up a MT100 with a bad channel, Channel B immediately blows the fuse anyone have an idea where to start to cure this issue up, channel A works great.

MarshallJMP:
Most likely cause is a blown power mosfet(s). For channel B these are Q106 and Q107 part numbers IRF9538 and IRF538. Sometimes you also have a defective driver transistor.

kissfan113:
What is the location of the driver transistor on the schematic?
Thanks
Kevin

kissfan113:
Also, what could have caused the original chips to blow? I don’t want to replace parts and have them directly fail again.

David Drake:
Hey I'll point ya in the right direction maybe? I'm not one of the brains 'round here. But I just got thrugh reading this the other day as my Micro Tube 100 had twice suffering from this reoccurring illness.

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP ---I think I know why the B channel gets blown when it's in bridge mode. Problem is that the output of the B side is connected to the sleeve of the speaker jack. Most of these jacks are metal so if something is touching the jack that is grounded it can blow up the B channel. So best is to isolate the metal part of the jack.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Harley Hexxe ---Does this also apply to the MT-100?

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: MarshallJMP ---Yes it does.

--- End quote ---
Complete thread is here @ http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=2587.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version