ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original MP-1 and battery...  (Read 10010 times)

Casey_Butt

Re: Original MP-1 and battery...
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

What mistakes??? ;D

Casey_Butt

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I've had some time to play the MP-1 with the two Mullards and I like them in both spots - a nice blend of gain and thickness.  They don't have the fizz of the Tung-Sol, and the sound isn't as sharp and piercing as the other tubes I tried... the nice middle ground I was looking for.  The Tung-Sol was just too much for V2, but the other tubes I tried there were weak and overly bright in comparison.

I must say, the Mullards strike a very nice balance in my MP-1 - thick (but not too thick) and gainy, but very clear and articulate at the same time.

It seems I can control their response better with my fingers and pick.  The Tung-Sol was just over-the-top all the time in V2 and the other tubes lacked drive and bottom end.  With the Mullard in V2 (and also V1) I can get close to the gain of the Tung-Sol, but not enough to get fizzy and blurry, and I can get the bite and sharpness of the lower gain tubes by 'choking up' on my pick with my thumb.  Very responsive... makes me get more into it when I'm playing, because the amp is playing back. ;)

Thanks for sharing the advice.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Casey, glad you like them, as is pretty obvious around here, I like them allot also  >:D And I love they way they track your left and right hand so closely.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up