ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: mp2 comp on no sound  (Read 7606 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: mp2 comp on no sound
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Well I already replaced all the parts surrounding the switching and nothing helped. My guess it's pcb thing, maybe it's conducting or something. Not sure.
Does the comp work after a while?

vansinn

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I guess this already has been tried, but anyways:
Has anyone tried following the logic/control signals with a scope to determine whether or not the compressor can actually be controlled?
And likewise follow the audio signals and the precision rectifier part of the compandor chip?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey John, plenty to read on 3TM and other MP1 mods in the MP1 threads.  MDRT makes a huge difference, really opens up the dynamics.  3TM (from what others say) is great if you want more gain but you loose the cleans. Eg MJMP uses 3TM for distorted stuff and a MP2 just for cleans.
What do you need/want them to do ?  what style etc.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

jnelson

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

sorry it took so long to reply, really busy at work lately, I work in hvac... I play a lot of maiden, dream theater style stuff and occaisionally some satch and vai
I have a simulclass 290 and a triple rectifier sitting around , but was hoping on going back to my ada stuff so I can use them with a switcher to go through a couple pre amps and have them routed through an effects unit or two..I've got a lot of stuff sitting around, some old digitech 2112 and a 2120 , valve fx and a few more , but only one art effects unit, a nitro I think its called, just want to use it for delays, reverbs and pitch shifting etc... actually I have 2 mp1's and 1 mp2
so I sure would like to use all 3 in a switching set up if I can figure out how to do it with no noise....im looking for someone locally that can do the mods for me, I have a guy that does a lot of 80's type stereo repair that I am sure can do the work, I just have to get in touch with him to see if he has time, if not I may have to send them out to someone , I live in Illinois close to Chicago, if you happen to know anyone that would help a lot
thanks for any and all help
John

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey John, if you want to switch between a few preamps I'd suggest you use a small/medium mixer (eg a Eurorack UB2442 or later equivalent).  So all your units come into channel pairs 1/2, 3/4 etc keeps them all stereo.  Then use 2 FX sends to feed you Fx unit (L/R) and bring it back into a channel pair or 2 returns. So this will mix all your outputs together and let you use the same Fx across them all. Obviously Mixer out to amp > cabs.So the trick will be switching to each preamp input. You could use a small custom switch, I modified an old Peavy channel/reverb switch to be  an A, B, A+B by adding another jack and re-wiring the foot switches.  Also there are A/B switches available.  A simple solution would be mount 5 jacks and 4 foot switch buttons, so 1 jack is guitar in, the other 4 feed 4 different preamp inputs and the buttons just turn that feed on/off (so you can feed them all individually or in any combination)
However, if you do a parallel split of the signal to each preamp, you could do your switching by creating a bunch of patches on each preamp and mix and match which preamp(s) you want at any given time.Or you could do it switching preamp output pairs, easiest way to do this would probably be use a digital mixer you can control via midi  :dunno: to mute/un-mute channels
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up