ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA MP1 Very Low Outout  (Read 5837 times)

Keith Garland

ADA MP1 Very Low Outout
« on: Time Format »

Hello my name is Keith, i am very new to the forum world so please forgive me if i do not know all the rules of posting and things,

I have a ADA MP1 that i am having issues with, the sound coming out is very low even threw the headphone jack, i think it is a version 2 when i power up it indicates 2.00 but dont quote me on that one, i have cleaned the input output jacks with no luck, i have went threw and checked all opamps and good +15Vdc and -15Vdc on pin 4 and pin 8 the input jack on the front looks pretty dingy so i may change that, but my ADA was working just fine and then the sound went very low even when i turn up the volume can barely hear, i do not know much about programming side, so i edit #1 and set gains and master to 10 and then i get some sound, i had to change the battery and i used a computer battery holder and soldered that in and fresh battery, cleaned boards real good still no change, i havent changed out my tubes because i dont have any handy laying around but i will pick some up, very stumped, not happy my ADA is messed up, Please would anyone be able to help me with this problem? 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: ADA MP1 Very Low Outout
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Keith, welcome to the depot.  BTW nothing to forgive,  lots of very passionate ADA users here who are happy to assist where we can.  Replacing the input jack and tubes is a good start, and given the age of the units, they are wearing parts (for a MP1 I'd put in some low noise high gain JJs or Mullard short plates 12AX7s, both good tubes in a MP1),  (MJMP may have a suitable jack replacement (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/miscellaneous_parts_and_replacement_tubes.htm).  Patch #1 at full gains should blow your head off, so somethings not right.  MJMP will no doubt talk you through a few tests (measurements, since you seem to have some skills?) and hopefully work out what's wrong.  However, it may just be the input jack ?).
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Keith Garland

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

thank you very much Richard for getting back with me on this issue, i have a little skills yes, can find my way around pretty well but im unclear on where components are found do to the board not being labeled, i will get a new input for the front and try that, i hope that MJMP can walk me threw this, i love my ADA and do not want to give it up, thanks for the pointers, take care Richard talk to you soon! O one more question how do i get in touch with MJMP ?

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

MJMP is here (when he can be...) and will see your post but you can check his site and email him (http://www.marshalljmpmodshop.net/contact&ordering.htm).  There are also schematics etc in the MP1 area that may help you find you way around the MP1 board.  Don't fret, we''l do our best to help you out and get your MP1 back to it's best!!

Keith Garland

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks Richard for all your help, and thanks for the welcome to the site. Thanks for the tip on the schematics and i will email MJMP, thanks for all the help, it looks like i have found an awesome site to help me fix my ADA, take care, talk soon

Keith

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Keith

You've got mail.It seems you have solved one problem with replacing the battery.
Let me know about which channels are affected.

Keith Garland

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hello , MarshallJMP , thank you very much for getting back to me, you guys and this site is awesome.

MarshallJMP, update on ADA MP1, i found the problem late last nite, put a patch cord into the front input of my ADA measured resistance and found very low, 100 to 200 ohms, i think this needs to be around 1Meg, changed the input jack on the front and my ADA was back to rockin once again, cannot thank MarshallJMP and rnolan enuff for all your help with this issue. If there is anything in the future i could help anyone out with please feel free to contact me here or email, a little back ground of myself, i am a robotics/systems integrator engineer that designs circuitry in robotics application for companies in the manufacturing industry for the last 22 yrs, if in anyway i could be of some assistance here please let me know, once again thank you all for all of your help!!!! 

STAY ROCKIN !!!

Keith

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Ok great you got it solved yourself!!!! Good thinking.

So what robots do you use?At work we have quite alot of epson and staubli robots.Mostly scara robots for assembly (small parts).Also some larger 6 axis staubli's for the heavy duty work.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Keith, glad you got it going  :whoohoo!: Always happy to help were we can  :thumb-up: , keep an eye on the posts, you never know when your particular expertise or take on an issues can help out.
Cheers Richard

Keith Garland

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey MarshallJMP, great to hear from you we have mostly OTC Diahen and Motoman and some fugi, mostly welding applications and the 6 axis we have we pretty much just use for demo work for customers, awesome to hear your into the bots of the world as i am, lol, it was great meeting you and chatting over my ADA MP1, AWESOME to know there is still support available, once again great meeting you and if ever i could help in anyway just let me know!!  Thanks again  !!! take care !

Stay Rockin !!!!   

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

okay Keith ,i will let you know if i need something!!! :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up