ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD Micro Cab II for Bazza  (Read 1918 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
NGD Micro Cab II for Bazza
« on: Time Format »

Hi,
Hope all is well. So I brought a MC2 yesterday, from what I have read I can plug a into a power amp. Am I correct in my thinking? So MP1>recto(effects loop) >microCAB2 >attenuator> Speaker cab? Or should it be safer to go MP1>SS power amp> microCAB2> speaker cab.
At the moment I got it running MP1>MC2>axe fx > studio monitors. I’m getting ok results this way.
Thanks for your time.
Bazza
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: NGD Micro Cab II for Bazza
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Bazza, started this thread as I can't attach the manual in PMs.The MCII is, as you know, a cab simulator.  Have a good read of the manual attached.  It will accept line level inputs e.g. your MP-1 outs or power amp speaker outs BUT you have to have your speakers connected to the amp as well so the amp has a speaker load if you do it this way.  These were designed for either recording or live DI so you didn't have to use mics on the speakers.So for your setup, try MP-1 A&B outs > MCII in, MCII outs (which are line level) to studio monitors.  This will make your MP-1 sound like micked speaker cabs in the studio monitors.  The MCII outs could be plugged in to your DAW inputs (so you can record it), there are 2 outs per channel, one is line level, the 2 XLRs are mic level (to plug into mixer channels/stage box).  The 2 MCII inputs have a "pass through", this is so you can use it before your stereo power amp/cabs.  The pass through outs are hard wired to the MCII inputs, so in the above set up, the MP-1 outs will go to the MCII and you can use the pass through outs to plug into a stereo poweramp/cabs (like normal), and the MCII outs will have line (or mic) level cab simmed signal for DI into mixer (live or recording) or into a DAW input for your computer.

Bazza

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks a lot. Looks like I got some experiments to play with over the weekend. Done the tone chasing hole I go again.. :headbanger

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No worries, have fun  :thumb-up:

Bazza

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

No worries, have fun  :thumb-up:
The MC2 is a lot of fun. I have only used it between the pre and power amp. I found it to be very easy to going from a great tone to a bad tone. I really get the line in the manual that you need to have a good tone to start with. I don’t see myself using it all the time but for something different from time to time it will stay in the mix of my gear.
Pages: [1]   Go Up