ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BMT Tube Wizard  (Read 2279 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
BMT Tube Wizard
« on: Time Format »

Anyone ever heard of this?  I've never even heard of the company.

https://bmtamps.com/products/preamplifiers/tube-wizard-iv

There is a tube Wizard II for sale on ebay to.  I wonder what it's like??
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: BMT Tube Wizard
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, looks like a very interesting gadget.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Had I not got too many preamps already I'd have a look at this you know.  I like the workman like design.  It's kinda straight up no messing about.  Here is a knob for this, here is a knob for that etc.  Know what I mean?

Although to use this on the floor means long cable run to the power amp and we all know what that means?  Catering to these floor loving unit types  :amaze:

Ok so you could set it on your power amp or something but kinda defeats the design of it being a floor unit right?

Give you an example.  When I went to Germany this year and used my Ibanez TK999ht I did not have it on the floor.  I had it in the loop of my FX unit using short patch cables.  Not ideal as it was a floor pedal but I didn't need it in front of me so why use long cable runs?  I just set it on top of my rack case along with an eq pedal and noise gate after it.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I agree, I like it's no messing about design and it would have been perfect back when I used my Marshall head which had no channel switching or master volume etc.  Back then I had a few pedals and long cable run and you have to get power to them  :facepalm: .  A real pain when you are doing gigs with a bunch of other bands and have to pack down as fast as possible.  The MP1 solved a bunch of my issues, still had the midi cable but it included the power for the MC1/MXC.That said, nice to see a tube/analogue pedal in amongst the mix for those that run a pedal board setup.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up