• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

ADA MP-1 Digital Modification

Started by GuitarBuilder, December 30, 2013, 11:09:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rnolan

Hey GH, I added a page to the MP2 factory patches doc (attached), I'll do the MB1 later.  Although it's probably in the MB1 manual...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

Thank you, but Wow, thats a huge amount of parameters and their Dependencies. This will take its time to get it running...

MarshallJMP

That's why an mp-2 preset dump is 140 bytes

rnolan

Quote from: MarshallJMP on August 08, 2016, 12:36:30 PM
That's why an mp-2 preset dump is 140 bytes
>:D

I didn't include the CC assignments (CC#s, Slots, parameters), as they are set up patch by patch (except for 2 global assignments) I assume they are also in the dump ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

I guess so and I also think the name you give the preset is included in the dump.

Dante

I'm really enjoying lurking on this thread

MarshallJMP

Well I suggest since you and R are both MP-2 users that you guys figure those 140 bytes out, it might be a fun project to do  :lol:

Dante

you guys lost me six pages ago  :facepalm:

i'll be here to make a gui when we get that far  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

I think it's almost impossible to find out what is what in 140 bytes. I think it might be best to ask Dave if he has some info about it.

Griphook

Any suggestions how to organize the different Parameters of the MP-2? I believe it wont fit in the small box, like the MP-1 and Classic do.

MarshallJMP

I think we first need to figure it out, so you know what parameters are included in the dump, no?

MikeB

It may be that the only approach is to do it scientifically. Start with a basic uncomplicated patch. Dump it.  Make a change to one thing.  Dump it.  Compare the two.  This will be a slow and painful process and I'm only suggesting it because I don't have an mp2 and so can't volunteer to do it myself.
I don't feel tardy!

MarshallJMP

yeah maybe not a bad idea  :thumb-up:

vansinn

WRT the step by step dump-testing, I'm thinking..
AFAIR, the MP-2 can be remote controlled.
If so, wouldn't it be possible to script (from a PC) this mechanism of changing one parameter, then dump, then repeat and rinse..?

Following this, there will of course be the next event: comparing all those dumps, which might be done using either a simple database or spreadsheet, methinks.

Griphook

The automatical change of Parameters will not work,since we do not know the exact structure of a dump.
But I think this is the only way to get the Position of the parameter in the dump, the structure of the dump and also the Hex-Range of each parameter.

I guess, we should do the same procedure with the MB-1?