ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: what do you use to practice listening to music?  (Read 9963 times)

Hamer95USA

Re: what do you use to practice listening to music?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

When I have to practice songs for my cover bands, I use either an MP3 player loaded up with my band play list or a CD player running into a Korg Pandora PX-3 headphone amp (for digital transposing only) into Mackie 1402 VLZ Pro mixer into a pair of Mackie MR5 powered monitors. You can hear how the music will be slightly out of tune sometimes and I can adjust the digital transposer to "tune" the music to standard pitch or can adjust the music to key that my singers sing in.

I run my guitar into a Zoom G9.2tt effects processor (effects in front of MP-1 preamp & MIDI controller), an ADA Depot 3TM mod MP-1 preamp, Rocktron Intellifex (delay/chorus/reverb) into a Digital Music Corporation System Mix Plus which I run into the mixer in full stereo. If I want to do acoustic guitar playing, I'll use my Ibanez Prestige RG-2020AX guitar through a Fishman Aura Spectrum DI box into the mixer as well.

Guitar George

DaveM

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I practice along to my smartphone playing through a Yamaha THR10X. 

I think that at home it's imperative to practice along with a track of some type, whether it be the original recording or simply a backing track. 
HEADS: Mesa Boogie Mark-IVa, Egnater TOL-50
RACK: ADA MP2, Peavey Classic 60/60
PEDALBOARD: Line6 M13, MXR Carbon Copy, Fulltone FD-2 MOSFET, "Slash" WAH, Morley Lil Alligator, Digitech Jamman
CABS: Avatar and Genz-Benz
GUITARS: Ibanez, Fender & Schecter
WIRELESS: Line 6 G50
STUDIO: Cubase 6.5, Focusrite interface, M-Audio MCU-PRO DAW controller, Novation Impulse controller, KRK monitors, AKG phones, reamping courtesy of Radial

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

I can get pretty close to the tone with any of my MP's.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up