ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS)  (Read 1306 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS)
« on: Time Format »

Per my GFS (GuitarFetish.com) post about their affordable pickups...here's a speaker source I use quite often; Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS).

While they are not as cheap as they used to be, they are a solid solution for upgrading your speaker cab(s). My first experience with them was a Veteran30 (a Celestion Vintage 30 knockoff). I've never been a big fan of the Vintage 30, for it's high freq breakup (I like my speakers to NOT break up), but the Veteran 30 worked well in my 1x12 open back cabinet back in the day - without the piercing highs of a Vintage30. At the time, it was about half the cost of a Celestion.

Fast forward many years and I just put a G12c/s in my Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo. As luck would have it, I took a Celestion out to put the WGS in. To be honest, the only reason I changed it was to get a 16 ohm speaker in there & utilize the TWO 16ohm speaker outs. I have a separate cab with a 16ohm speaker already. I really haven't played that amp enough to properly break in that speaker, but it sounds great already. I've used it maybe 5 times so far, a couple hours each time.

I would not hesitate to recommend these speakers - they have tons of options available to suit your needs

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Re: Warehouse Guitar Speakers (WGS)
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I have a WGS Veteran 30 currently residing in my iso cab.  It does seem to have all the good qualities of the V30 and less of the obnoxious ones, IMO.   And I got it "gently used" for about half the price than I paid for each "gently used" V30 I've bought in the past.  :thumb-up:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »
Pages: [1]   Go Up