ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: We want ADA to make re-issues (MP1, MP2, MB1, B200s etc)  (Read 31225 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey GB, cool, look forward to your results  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Hey GB let us know how that works out.

HDS

Someone profiled the Mp-1 on Bais Amp. I have it and its pretty nice.

vansinn

Mmnn.. it's the same with profiling as with women: pretty nice ain't like really lovely..

HDS

Just like with women, sound is subjective ;)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

;D :thumb-up:

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!

;D :thumb-up:

I must agree with you, guys.
Even if I like and use digital technology since long time, I never heard the profile of something with 100% same sound of an original.
I'm not a Kemper fan, to be honest.

I can use a good audio interface with a PC and software and impulses and headphones to play home or study, no problem.
But I cannot say that I found emulations that have the same sound, tone and feel of original tube amps.
No way.

If you like the MP-1, buy a real MP-1.
Today, it's cheap enough.  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Max, couldn't agree more, if you can make the real sound with the real gadget/thing, why emulate.. :dunno: .  Now I do understand why some do this, (and if I couldn't have a MP-2 anymore I'd want to emulate it).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

The real advantage with a Kemper is that you can profile tons of stuff...but you've to be smart and profile in a good way.
Anyway, I don't like the Kemper overall sound...even the version with power amp connected to a 4x12 cab.

Then...you can profile a lot of stuff....but, unless you're a pro working live and in the studio for many different people, the main question is: do you really need ALL that stuff???  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

At a small fraction of a Kemper's price, you can buy MP-1s, MP-2s, other non ADA preamps (like the good Rocktron Piranha), digital FX units and MIDI controllers...and have exactly THOSE tones.  :headbanger:

So...why emulate???  :dunno:
On the run again!

rickeb1

The whole emulation thing is an interesting topic!  I have an MP-2 at the heart of one rig, and am working on a second rig.  I have gotten very interested in the DV Mark Multiamp.  It's difficult to find one to play in person where I live, but nearly every YouTube clip I've seen makes it sound very good.  The appeal to me is that I could have a MIDI preamp, some decent basic effects, and a 500w (SS) power amp, all combined in a single lightweight 2-space rack unit.  I could downsize and simplify my rig considerably, assuming the tone was there, which I know is a big assumption.  They do have some serious players who endorse it, for what it's worth.  I'm not totally convinced I'd be happy with the sound as opposed to real tubes, but it is tempting!

vansinn

Because a headless axe and the Masonic Toaster in a sports bag is a helluvalot easier to travel with..
Slapping cans on your head works well with it too - and keeps the screaming from the next hotel room at bay ;)
If you happen to be traveling, that is..

EDIT: Not that I'm a traveling axeman anyways, just that we've had numerous discussions about compact ergo guitars on sevenstring.org (search for Strandberg).
Also, while I do like the applications of the Kemper, I, like several commentators in here, feels that while it does capture the tone quite nice, it still just doesn't provide the real feel..

Speaking about traveling.. someone made a guitar with a sideways hinged neck. featuring a proverbial heavy-duty bearing, allowing to fold the neck down the side of the body. Talk about traveling gear.. :bow:

Mmnn.. is this still the ADA re-make thread? Tarnowsky must be slightly confused by now :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by van Sinn »

Iperfungus

Because a headless axe and the Masonic Toaster in a sports bag is a helluvalot easier to travel with..
Slapping cans on your head works well with it too - and keeps the screaming from the next hotel room at bay ;)
If you happen to be traveling, that is..

This is a very good point, indeed...  :))
On the run again!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up