• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

Rockman X100 *TRADED*

Started by McLeanAB, September 03, 2018, 12:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McLeanAB

Hey guys and gals!

I traded my pedal board for a lovely old Rockman X100 with all original packaging, headphones, etc...  I'm throwing the local CL ad I put up here since I'm having a hard time uploading photos...  any questions, just shoot me an email here or mcleanadamb at the g of mails...  not sure what I'm looking for if I got the trade route... I've always regretted selling my Gallien-Krueger 2000cpl, so if someone wants to trade, that would be awesome!  I'd consider an MP-2 again, but that's not really a fair trade!!!!!

Any who, here's my CL ad for details:
https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/d/rockman-x100-tom-scholz/6686581398.html

It's been refurbished and sounds like a Rockman should, just not as much noise and hiss now that it's been serviced!!!!

Let me know!!!

Thanks!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

rabidgerry

I just bagged a 2000cpl man,  I have been chasing this preamp for long time.  I need the Somewhere in Time/ Seventh Son of Seventh Son sound in my arsenal!  They had the 2100SEL but hell having the pre version means I can use with any amp.  Any tips for using it?  Sorry this is no help for your sale of the Rockman.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

McLeanAB

Ha!  No worries, and congrats!

It's been a LONG time since I had one, but just play around until it sounds right to your ears!

Good luck!  It's a great unit!!!
-Adam
ISP Theta Preamp, ISP Theta PRO, ISP Theta Combo and Vector 2x12 with Celestion Alnico Creams, and Charvel Wildcards with EMGs!

rabidgerry

Did you use the GK with guitar cabs?  Can't wait to hear it and record it  :whoohoo!:.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

McLeanAB

Every so often, yes...

But that was during my 'no cab' phase when I was using the Microcab with everything... the GK sounded great through anything as I recall... but the cleans were especially nice running direct with no cab sims...
-Adam

McLeanAB

And if you happen to not like it, you can always trade for the Rockman!!!!  :)

There are some internal trim pots to crank the gain... you'd have to find a manual on line to know what you are tweaking exactly, but it'll give her a bit of a boost as I recall...
-Adam

McLeanAB

Traded for another stab at the Gallien-Krueger MPL-100!

Woot... got it running with an Alesis Quadraverb and sounds of the 80's and 90's are blaring through my house!
-Adam

rnolan

:whoohoo!: :thumb-up: :headbanger:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few