ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: dealing with GAS  (Read 106368 times)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: dealing with GAS
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Yeah has a real plexi sound to me. BTW where the hell did you get that Satan T shirt ????

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

That's good then right  :???:  :)  This is that MP1 I bought from England last week.

That is a preset on the eprom v1.38 number 19 I believe only I added more gain on OD1 to about 4.2 and then I've an OD boost in front and a bit of low end EQ from my FX unit to compensate some of the bass that disappears once the boost is on.

I got the Satan tshirt from a seller in Germany about 5-6 years ago.  However you can get the same one from them  :thumb-up:  https://www.satanmusic.com/?page_id=864

they have a few new designs that I must buy myself so busting my f**king ASS trying to an album.  I am getting really tired recording shit over and over again!

Thanks Richard for the kind words.  I ended up not using that take as the hall reverb did not work!  The room reverb does for some reason even though the snare has a hall verb on it  :dunno:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

made a video using the new MP1. Seems in good shape and sounds great to my ears.

That did sound pretty good there.   :thumb-up:

Chamai

« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

well gas just hit me again

rivera m100 head for 375 bucks..
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

Thanks Kim.  I got that tone within about 2mins of unboxing the MP1.  I reset the MP1 to load all the presets before I began editing.  Then flicked through them all until I heard number 19.  It sounded good to me straight away, but I tweaked if further by adding the extra gain on OD1 and then raunched it up more with a boost from my boss GT5.  Sounded the shit to me!  That and a little low end DB on an EQ and I was ready to rock.

Chamai,

you must own all the quintessential  heads by now?

I should probably quit buying preamps now, I've two Rockmasters, three MP1s, one Hafler H2.  That's enough surely?  Bu then we're talking about GAS here so you never know!

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I've found chamber reverbs work well on guitar, like you I haven't liked hall verbs on guitar much but they work ok for snare. Another trick is to tune the reverb time to a product of the song speed (as with delays) so turn the beats per minute into milliseconds and decide how long you want the delay/verb times to be.  This isn't so practical live (as you tend to speed up a bit) but for recording and mixing tightens up the track and helps align the (all important) silence/spaces.  BTW you need to get a MP-2 before you can stop with the preamps LoL  >:D

Chamai, you promised to leave the heads alone  :nono: LoL (why did I know that wouldn't happen  O:-) :lol: )
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I've found chamber reverbs work well on guitar, like you I haven't liked hall verbs on guitar much but they work ok for snare. Another trick is to tune the reverb time to a product of the song speed (as with delays) so turn the beats per minute into milliseconds and decide how long you want the delay/verb times to be.  This isn't so practical live (as you tend to speed up a bit) but for recording and mixing tightens up the track and helps align the (all important) silence/spaces.

If I might interject on this subject for a minute, I may be able to offer some advice on using a Hall Reverb on guitar. The only way I like those types of reverb on a guitar is if it is mixed with delay or echo. I've used a preset for decades now like this: Large Hall Reverb @ 15% wet, Delay,(360-420 ms) @ 25% wet, with Stereo Imaging Wide, (optional).

The reverb adds a depth and dimension to the delay that really works well with guitars for both rhythm and leads. Hall reverb doesn't do it for me by itself. I worked this preset out years ago on my old Digitech DSP 128, and later reproduced it on my Lexicons. (Much more pristine on the Lexicon). I also have another variation of this that uses a stereo Phaser after the delay, set for a slow sweep. This one takes the echoes for one hellofaride through the air.
   For just guitar with reverb, I like spring reverbs, and plate reverbs. Very different, but both very usable.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Chamai

« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

You know what guys. I stopped myself. I didn't get it. :waving-banana-smiley-emoticon proud day for me
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, I've found chamber reverbs work well on guitar, like you I haven't liked hall verbs on guitar much but they work ok for snare. Another trick is to tune the reverb time to a product of the song speed (as with delays) so turn the beats per minute into milliseconds and decide how long you want the delay/verb times to be.  This isn't so practical live (as you tend to speed up a bit) but for recording and mixing tightens up the track and helps align the (all important) silence/spaces.

If I might interject on this subject for a minute, I may be able to offer some advice on using a Hall Reverb on guitar. The only way I like those types of reverb on a guitar is if it is mixed with delay or echo. I've used a preset for decades now like this: Large Hall Reverb @ 15% wet, Delay,(360-420 ms) @ 25% wet, with Stereo Imaging Wide, (optional).

Harley 8)

Wow.  I mix my signals pretty dry then.  I rarely if ever use reverb any more, and typically tempo sync the delay (tap tempo FTW there!) and only mix about 12 - 15% for rhythm, and 18 - 20% for lead.  Except recording, I'll bump up delay a little more on the lead, and any reverb is generally only there if I have a master reverb setup and bus to that.

As far as GAS goes, I had thought the $1500 upgrade to a prettier piano would do me in.  Nope.  New recording interface.  Piano VSTs.  Sheet music.  I need to stop.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

Eventually my GAS does give way to cost and practicality which I guess is good so I don't go broke.  I've never bought any one piece of music equipment that cost $1500  (£1199.70).

My most expensive music purchase was probably a guitar or amp at about £500 ($625.16).

I dunno if this says a lot about me or not  :o

As for reverb, heap it on I say, so long as it's fitting and suited.  I'm bored to death with dry production on records personally (as some of you already know  ;))

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Go Zilthy  :whoohoo!: .

I always run fxs via a mixer on 2 sends, return down 2 channels so the dry/wet mix in the unit is 100% wet and I adjust the return faders to what sounds how I want. Within the Fx (which is predominantly a stereo delay followed by reverb) I adjust the amount of delay that feeds into the reverb, just a bit not too much. Actually, my current favourite is the "For Guitar" patch in my TC MOne in the studio rig.  It's again just a delay/reverb combo and I haven't checked what the settings are (I will at some point), it's just a really nice balance for guitar (I've found) and also great on bass.  I also feed the vocals at rehearsals through my hybrid MB1 bass rig > (B200s > 2 x Mesa P112s) and the same fx patch works well for them also.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

Darn it.  Now I would like another guitar.

When I first started playing, I really wanted a Jackson.  I have never actually gotten the one that I wanted, I may have to treat myself to on.

Red Jackson, Reverse Headstock, Floyd, Duncan pickups, Sharkfin inlays....

I found one that's close, love the paint job, but missing the inlays.  *sigh*

I thought about getting it, but not going to settle.

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Darn it.  Now I would like another guitar.

When I first started playing, I really wanted a Jackson.  I have never actually gotten the one that I wanted, I may have to treat myself to on.

Red Jackson, Reverse Headstock, Floyd, Duncan pickups, Sharkfin inlays....

I found one that's close, love the paint job, but missing the inlays.  *sigh*

I thought about getting it, but not going to settle.

DO IT!!!  :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
On the run again!

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

Oh man Zilthy, I have always had a weakness for Jacksons :headbanger:
Don't waste your time on the cheaper Dinky models (they sound like shit :poop:). I love my Dinky Pro, probably my favorite, it doesnt have the shark fin inlays but has everything else. My Soloist has those inlays! :thumb-up:
I'm not to crazy about the newer style headstock, they look kinda diamond shaped. :dunno: Also not impressed with the new piranha tooth inlays. The shark fins look way better. :metal:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

Chamai

« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

ok guys.

Fulltone that 80's rack chorus ordered!!!

should be here in roughly 2 weeks!!!  :headbanger:
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23   Go Up